Raceland 17 Hazard 14

Ram

5 hours ago, Voice of Reason said:

I agree with the posters above who say Hazard is always a very tough playoff opponent. I think @Ram  is being a little too hard on his Rams.  Hazard is the 3rd best opponent the Rams have played so a tough, close battle was to be expected.

They don't call you @Voice of Reasonfor nothing.  

I may have been a little too rough on the Rams in the heat of the moment.  I can live with a close game, but I felt they under-performed last night.  Yes, Harzard is a good team and they did what good teams do - play to win.  

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Voice of Reason said:

I agree with the posters above who say Hazard is always a very tough playoff opponent. I think @Ram  is being a little too hard on his Rams.  Hazard is the 3rd best opponent the Rams have played so a tough, close battle was to be expected.

I believe everything in Class 1A this season is measured against Pikeville. We've all felt that Raceland was the second best team in the class all year. Seeing Pikeville beat Hazard by 45 points and then Raceland only win by a field goal is probably why @Ram was a little hard on the team. It wasn't so much the win against Hazard, but perhaps the concern that the gap between 1 and 2 is wider than we thought?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, gchs_uk9 said:

I believe everything in Class 1A this season is measured against Pikeville. We've all felt that Raceland was the second best team in the class all year. Seeing Pikeville beat Hazard by 45 points and then Raceland only win by a field goal is probably why @Ram was a little hard on the team. It wasn't so much the win against Hazard, but perhaps the concern that the gap between 1 and 2 is wider than we thought?

You're partly correct.  I was a little upset because it didn't appear Raceland was playing "it's game". I didn't feel what I saw last night was what Raceland has done all season.  Some of that was Hazard's fault, but some of that was Raceland's fault.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, gchs_uk9 said:

As for Pikeville, I think Raceland matches up with them better than most teams.  That is one thing that gives me hope.  Raceland's run defense is as good as it's going to get, if anyone has a chance to stop, or slow down, Birchfield in 1A it is Raceland's run defense.  The pass defense is normally up to the task with 22 INTS, but they didn't look like themselves last night.  I know Raceland can score, but the defense is where that game will be won or lost, if Raceland makes past next week. 

• Like 1