Who Wins The Battle of The 7 Footers

I'll go with the one that will be used, will get plenty of touches (besides chasing missed shots), and has developed a better game to this point.

Dynes.  

I'm really excited to see if Coach Sorrell will play more inside-out this year, to try and get teams to have help on Sam and then kick it back out for open jumpers.  However, you can't have Sam posting and clogging the lane and cutting off driving paths, and Jake definitely wants to (and CAN) get to the hole on nearly every defender, so it is going to have to be a conscious effort to see if they want to really use Sam's advantages in the paint.  I'd love nothing more than to see more possessions with Sam on the block, Jake or Javy make an entry pass, and then if there isn't anything there, he kicks it back, vacates the low block, and then let's the old offense take hold.  At least try, early in possessions, to get Sam some paint-touches and maybe get him going a little.  

• Like 2

I did not see that much of a difference.  

Both teams are guard oriented and did not look for Dynes or Gibson much.  I heard a lot about HC not looking for Gibson because they were guard first, so I was surprised to see SK doing the same.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Instride said:

I did not see that much of a difference.  

Both teams are guard oriented and did not look for Dynes or Gibson much.  I heard a lot about HC not looking for Gibson because they were guard first, so I was surprised to see SK doing the same.

Both teams have been like that for years.  SK looked for Dynes several times and connected. I don’t think they looked for Gibson once. Coaches just don’t know how to use big guys.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ProPatria said:

Both teams have been like that for years.  SK looked for Dynes several times and connected. I don’t think they looked for Gibson once. Coaches just don’t know how to use big guys.

Both teams probably did not look inside as much as they would have liked. But the bigger issue in high school basketball is finding guards who know how to feed a true big.

• Like 1