South Warren's Jacob Lacey Transferring from Notre Dame

Just saw on Twitter that former South Warren Spartan Jacob Lacey is transferring from Notre Dame mid-season. I'm assuming it's because he's not getting much playing time. Just thought I would share it in case anyone is keeping up with it. 

• Thanks 1

The Irish have only played 4 games so far.  Jacob can still red shirt this season and play a full year where ever he lands without losing eligibility. I personally don't like the portal but its that rules that are set in place.

Good luck young man!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, theguru said:

At what point is he eligible to play for another team?

Jacob put out a statement saying he’s going to redshirt and I believe will have two years of eligibility left.  He did not graduate as far I know.

I heard Matt Jones say on KSR today that Kentucky is a possible landing spot and they want him to go there.

• Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, FB Head said:

The Irish have only played 4 games so far.  Jacob can still red shirt this season and play a full year where ever he lands without losing eligibility. I personally don't like the portal but its that rules that are set in place.

Good luck young man!

Yeah the portal is an absolute nightmare.

34 minutes ago, FB Head said:

Good luck young man!

6 minutes ago, Killowatt59 said:

Jacob put out a statement saying he’s going to redshirt and I believe will have two years of eligibility left.  He did not graduate as far I know.

I heard Matt Jones say on KSR today that Kentucky is a possible landing spot and they want him to go there.

So 2022 becomes a redshirt year and boom Jacob is back at it in 2023.

I am glad the players have this option.

9 minutes ago, Killowatt59 said:

He did graduate last spring.  He is in grad school at ND.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, BillNye said:

He did graduate last spring.  He is in grad school at ND.

So, redshirt this year... Comeback and play next year as his 4th, and have an extra year as a Super senior!!!

I see him in KY blue for the next 2 years.  Coach Stoops better act quick