Hazard vs. Ashland Prediction/Updates

Bac2369

Who wins this matchup?  

11 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins this matchup?

This poll is closed to new votes

Hazard sits at 3-1 on the season with its only blemish to a tough Breathitt County team on the road by 2 points. Hazard is coming off the Bye week looking to regroup after the week before that having a game go down to the wire with Letcher County Central. Hazard had complete control of the game in the first half pitching a shutout and leading at halftime 27-0. The 2nd half started and things changed and Hazard had to fight down to the last few seconds  to preserve the win 52-50.  Hazard will be hoping those high scoring numbers for its opponents will be cut in half or even less.

Ashland comes into this matchup at 2-3 on the season. Two of those losses for Ashland have came from teams across the river in Ohio and West Virginia. The other loss came to Class 1A Raceland in the opening week of the season 34-7. Ashland found a offensive spark last week putting up 69 points and getting win number 2 on the season. But the sad thing in its win is the defense give up 63 points as well. So both teams will be looking to rebound after there performances in there previous matchups. This can also be a comparison game for the Class 1A folks too.

Who wins this matchup? Does Hazard send the Tomcats back to Ashland with a loss? Does Ashland come in and spoil Hazards Homecoming?

• Like 1

I don't look for this one to be quite as high scoring as their previous games. Ashland's got a great group of young kids, but I like Hazard's more seasoned skill people in a shootout. I'll take the Bulldogs by two scores. The way Letcher came back on them two weeks ago gives me pause, though.

A few historical nuggets:

- Ashland leads the all-time series 11-3-1.

-They haven't met since 1975, when the renowned JAWS defense recorded a shutout win at Putnam Stadium.

-Hazard hasn't beaten the Tomcats since 1963.

• Thanks 1

I have Checked some video of Ashland from first game up until now.. They have went to work in the film room and running/throwing out of sets they have had success on.. They are night and day better. The Offense is definitely night and day better. But Defense will need more work. It will be key if they can stop Hazards skill kids in space (especially Johnson).

Hazard will also have there work cut out for them. Ashland has athletes and are starting to get in the groove. Ashland passing game will be better than Letchers, but I think Hazard secondary is solid with 8 INTs on the year should get some stops. Ashland offensive line doesn’t look as big as Letchers, but I’m going to say more agile/athletic. Hopefully that Hazard defense will rebound after pitching a shut out in the game 27-0 at halftime., to giving up 50 in the second half. So hopefully the Bye week was kind to the Bulldogs.

I also must commend #22 for Ashland because he is doing work on the field on offense via blocking for those backs and making things happen.