Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Shelby County 79 Rose Hill 49

Featured Replies

I could be wrong about the scores, but the margin was 30 points.

 

I made it to the game tonight, and got to see some old friends:

Scott Pope kept the book for Rose Hill, and I do believe that he has surpassed me on the "Girth-O-Meter".

 

Rob Queen and his wife, Kari Beth. I told him that they remind me of the portrait of Dorian Gray - she doesn't seem to age, while he keeps getting older ...

 

Richard Gambill, and his wife Becky.

 

I also got to meet "Oldshooter", even though I knew him as a former understudy to Hobie Hern. Might I say that "Old" is the operative part of that screen name.

 

Gary Friley - another former teammate that reminds me of just why we had to hang up the spikes.

 

Let me end by saying that as I watched the kids before the game, I realize just how fast time flies. I knew so many of these players as little girls when we left Ashland six years ago. They have grown into some beautiful young ladies. One, in particular, has a certain place in the heart of Li'l Frances. Scott Pope owes me a photograph, or there'll be no more pudding for him at the Bavier Arms when he visits ...

 

 

Frances

  • Replies 93
  • Views 11.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Author

I also would like to congratulate the Shelby County Rockettes. They played extremely good team basketball, and number 10 for them absolutely shot lights out.

 

I watched three games at the "Shoot for the Cure" event, and I have to say that of all the girls I watched, #10 for Shelby had the best single game. I also liked #10 for Scott County, who played extremely well.

 

I apologize for not knowing either of this players names, but they really stood out last night.

 

 

Frances

I could be wrong about the scores, but the margin was 30 points.

 

I made it to the game tonight, and got to see some old friends:

Scott Pope kept the book for Rose Hill, and I do believe that he has surpassed me on the "Girth-O-Meter".

 

Rob Queen and his wife, Kari Beth. I told him that they remind me of the portrait of Dorian Gray - she doesn't seem to age, while he keeps getting older ...

 

Richard Gambill, and his wife Becky.

 

I also got to meet "Oldshooter", even though I knew him as a former understudy to Hobie Hern. Might I say that "Old" is the operative part of that screen name.

 

Gary Friley - another former teammate that reminds me of just why we had to hang up the spikes.

 

Let me end by saying that as I watched the kids before the game, I realize just how fast time flies. I knew so many of these players as little girls when we left Ashland six years ago. They have grown into some beautiful young ladies. One, in particular, has a certain place in the heart of Li'l Frances. Scott Pope owes me a photograph, or there'll be no more pudding for him at the Bavier Arms when he visits ...

 

 

Frances

 

He also has a wife named Joyce!:D

 

 

 

You made the evening for us, Frances. Thanks.

  • Author
He also has a wife named Joyce!:D

 

 

 

You made the evening for us, Frances. Thanks.

Oh my. I hope his wife Joyce doesn't read this thread.

 

Either I'm in trouble for my mistake, or he's in BIG trouble for his mistake. :D

 

Thanks for the catch, Gertrude, and thank you for the invitation to the game.

 

 

Frances

 

PS - Tell Scott Pope that I appreciate his offer for the cup of water, late in the game. It's the closest I've ever seen him come to picking up a check ...

He also has a wife named Joyce!:D

 

 

 

You made the evening for us, Frances. Thanks.

 

Rose Hill is a Mormon school, isn't it?

  • Author
Rose Hill is a Mormon school, isn't it?

It would appear that there may be at least one member who feels that answering to one wife isn't enough. :D

 

 

Frances

Not to derail this intriguing dialogue, but could Himmelfarb supply some stats for this game? After his Sunday aftrenoon nap, of course.

Also, what did those who attended think of the Gray girl for Scott County? She played in the game immediately prior to the Rose Hill game so I would think some saw her perform. It appears that the Miss Basketball award was reserved for her last summer. Is she that good?

  • Author
Also, what did those who attended think of the Gray girl for Scott County? She played in the game immediately prior to the Rose Hill game so I would think some saw her perform. It appears that the Miss Basketball award was reserved for her last summer. Is she that good?

 

As an unbiased observer (I have no daughter playing high school basketball), I watched that game with great interest. I would begin by saying that she was double teamed whenever Scott County set up a halfcourt offense, which obviously limited her scoring opportunities. She is an excellent ballhandler, and she does an excellent job of seeing the floor. I don't have enough knowledge of her game, and it may be that she is valued as a point guard more than a scorer. I have to say that when she got an open look, she had a very nice looking stroke, and the results were usually good.

 

All that said, in my opinion, she was outplayed in this game by two of her teammates. I do not know their names, but #21 had the most productive game for Scott County in terms of points, and #10 for Scott County was a very good looking player. She was an underclassman (I believe she was a sophomore or a junior) that ran the floor very well, played aggressively, jumped well, and was a power in the paint, both offensively and defensively.

 

 

Frances

As an unbiased observer (I have no daughter playing high school basketball), I watched that game with great interest. I would begin by saying that she was double teamed whenever Scott County set up a halfcourt offense, which obviously limited her scoring opportunities. She is an excellent ballhandler, and she does an excellent job of seeing the floor. I don't have enough knowledge of her game, and it may be that she is valued as a point guard more than a scorer. I have to say that when she got an open look, she had a very nice looking stroke, and the results were usually good.

 

All that said, in my opinion, she was outplayed in this game by two of her teammates. I do not know their names, but #21 had the most productive game for Scott County in terms of points, and #10 for Scott County was a very good looking player. She was an underclassman (I believe she was a sophomore or a junior) that ran the floor very well, played aggressively, jumped well, and was a power in the paint, both offensively and defensively.

 

 

Frances

 

Thank you for the analysis. It sounds like Gray is a good all around player but that, in fairness to a few others of at least comparable ability, the coronation was a little premature.

Queen: 19pts. 8/17 shooting (1/3 3ptrs), 2/4 free throws, 9 rebs, 2 asts

 

Terry: 22 pts, 8/15 shooting (3/7 3ptrs), 3/3 free throws, 4 rebs, 4 blks

 

Faulkner: 3 pts, 1/6 shooting, 1/2 free throws, 4 rebs, 3 asts

 

Dundon: 2 pts, 1/1 shooting

 

Gambill: 2 pts, 0/1 shooting, 2/2 free throws

 

Pope: 1 pt, 1/1 free throws

  • Author
Thank you for the analysis. It sounds like Gray is a good all around player but that, in fairness to a few others of at least comparable ability, the coronation was a little premature.

 

Based on one game, I would have to agree. I have no idea what other players in the state look like, as I don't normally see that many girls' games. Make no mistake, if I were picking an All-State team, it would be hard to imagine being able to find five other girls that could outplay her over time.

 

I watched three games last night, and I saw at least five girls that I wouldn't mind having, and building a team around. Obviously, she would be one of them.

Hope Brown of North Hardin is the best girl I've seen play this year. Gray is close behind and Terry is third.

I have seen quite a few games this season and I share Fletch's opinion. (I haven't seen Scott County play). There are some very, very good players across the state. but Brown is the best senior player in any game I have watched.

I have seen quite a few games this season and I share Fletch's opinion. (I haven't seen Scott County play). There are some very, very good players across the state. but Brown is the best senior player in any game I have watched.

 

I would counter this w/ saying both Queen and Terry can give anyone a run for their money. They have two handicaps. The first one is having two superstars on the same team. It is an absolute pleasure to watch these two girls play together, but as far as individual accolades, they hurt each other. With that said, I believe both girls would choose to play together amd share the spotlight, than to not play together. The second handicap for Queen and Terry is the disparity of talent amongst their own teammates. All the RH girls work hard, but Queen and Terry play far above everyone else on the team, let alone most girls in the state. This makes them both a constant target for double and triple teams and any coach preparing his/her team for RH keys on these two young ladies. Even w/ the continuous pressure, these two keep turning out all star like performances game after game.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.