Campbellsville vs. Metcalfe County Predictions/Updates

Bac2369

Who wins this matchup?  

11 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins this matchup?

• Campbellsville
    • Metcalfe County

Campbellsville comes into this week 3 matchup against top 10 2A Metcalfe County. Campbellsville sits at 2-0 on the season with wins over Monroe County and Adair County. Campbellsville has put up just over 40 points in both those matchups and had one shutout. 

Metcalfe County is also 2-0 on the season. They have wins over Barren County and Bellevue. They have also pitched 1 shutout. 
Both teams will bring good ground games into this matchup, so it could be a low scoring game.

Who wins this Top 10 showdown? Does Campbellsville keep up its high scoring affair and get another W? Does Metcalfe bring Campbellsville back to the drawing board?

1 hour ago, Bac2369 said:

Campbellsville comes into this week 3 matchup against top 10 2A Metcalfe County. Campbellsville sits at 2-0 on the season with wins over Monroe County and Adair County. Campbellsville has put up just over 40 points in both those matchups and had one shutout. 

Metcalfe County is also 2-0 on the season. They have wins over Barren County and Bellevue. They have also pitched 1 shutout. 
Both teams will bring good ground games into this matchup, so it could be a low scoring game.

Who wins this Top 10 showdown? Does Campbellsville keep up its high scoring affair and get another W? Does Metcalfe bring Campbellsville back to the drawing board?

I really like this Campbellsville team. They are tough and very athletic, and I really like the change in offensive scheme to fit the personnel they have, its done wonders. The issue for Campbellsville will be how that front line does against that big Metcalfe County defensive line. 

I think Metcalfe will try and impose there running game by using those big linemen to wear down the smaller Campbellsville front 7, but Campbellsville has speed all over the field and they get down hill in a hurry. This should be a great matchup, give me Campbellsville in the upset 26-21.

• Like 1

Metcalfe has some special kids. There line is big. Returning District POY Luke Meadows. There passing isn't as elite as the previous years, but still very dangerous. Running the ball behind Anderson and bransetter. 

Campbellsville they have an all around athletic team. The new look as above is working out very nice. The QB has put in alot of work in the off-season. I think this team can do big things this year.

I'm gonna go with Campbellsville on the big win. 

Campbellsville 28

Metcalfe 21

Very Interesting Match Up of Top 10 Teams getting together in Campbellsville… The Hornets are Loaded with size and speed… The Eagles will counter with their own speed and youthful enthusiasm, as they start a handful of Freshmen… Will be a True Test for Both Squads… Depth will win this Game… I’ll take Campbellsville 35-21….

One of this week's better matchups in the state that few people know about. Both teams appear to be very solid. Campbellsville is very young and that could be a problem if the game is tight late - Metcalfe County has been in more of these situations a recently. I'm not sure who wins but I think it's no more than a touchdown margin either way.

On 8/28/2022 at 4:50 PM, GC-Dragons said:

I really like this Campbellsville team. They are tough and very athletic, and I really like the change in offensive scheme to fit the personnel they have, its done wonders. The issue for Campbellsville will be how that front line does against that big Metcalfe County defensive line. 

I think Metcalfe will try and impose there running game by using those big linemen to wear down the smaller Campbellsville front 7, but Campbellsville has speed all over the field and they get down hill in a hurry. This should be a great matchup, give me Campbellsville in the upset 26-21.

Metcalfe defense dominated.