Ballard's Gabe Sisk leaving for California prep school

4 minutes ago, Smallhoops said:

Jefferson County schools really being hit hard with players leaving.  I totally get it if a student/player decides if is in their best interest to do so, but it certainly changes the landscape in the Sixth and Seventh Regions.

From the outside looking in almost any other school system would be an upgrade over JCPS.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, The Double Deuce said:

Wow, what could have been in the conversation for best class in KY history just keeps eroding away as 2023 loses another.  

Agreed.  I was thinking we might have a shot against Indiana next summer but that does not now seem likely.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, theguru said:

From the outside looking in almost any other school system would be an upgrade over JCPS.

That's probably valid, but I'm not sure the status of JCPS has anything to do with these basketball players leaving. In almost every case they are going to prep schools and I'd imagine these are basketball-first, school-second type places (I could be wrong). It's also interesting that Brandon Bender, who is heavily involved in basketball (both good and bad), announced the transfer of Sisk. I'm reluctant to believe any of these moves are academic and all are basketball related.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, gchs_uk9 said:

That's probably valid, but I'm not sure the status of JCPS has anything to do with these basketball players leaving. In almost every case they are going to prep schools and I'd imagine these are basketball-first, school-second type places (I could be wrong). It's also interesting that Brandon Bender, who is heavily involved in basketball (both good and bad), announced the transfer of Sisk. I'm reluctant to believe any of these moves are academic and all are basketball related.

We are on the same page, thanks @gchs_uk9.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Smallhoops said:

The Wahington brothers are moving to Ohio because their Father took a job there.  On the same page about the others.

Absolutely. That was legitimate, albeit unfortunate for CAL and the state of Kentucky.

• Like 1

8. Any attempt to use or suggest profanity is prohibited. This means you may not use symbols to replace some or all of the letters in a word that might otherwise be blocked by the BGP word filter. Any attempt to circumvent the word filter with general abbreviations or text message abbreviations will also be considered a violation under this rule.