BluegrassPreps Class 6A Pre-Season Football Rankings

TheDeuce

5 hours ago, Tigerpride94 said:

Simon Kenton may very well get into top 10 but with the year they had last year are not going to be top 10 out of the gate. They are going to have to earn it by showing they are much better. Getting a big win over Oldham County this Friday will show they have improved. I also think 6A is probably deeper than it has been in some years. It will all start to shape up sooner than later.

This is a fair take. They may very well be a district contender and beyond, but the Pioneers have two years of not very good to overcome in public opinion. They will have an improved defense and they have the good fortune of good QB. But outside of that all I hear about SK is that they have some big lineman. I'm not sure they scare anyone...... yet.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Finkle Ray said:

This is a fair take. They may very well be a district contender and beyond, but the Pioneers have two years of not very good to overcome in public opinion. They will have an improved defense and they have the good fortune of good QB. But outside of that all I hear about SK is that they have some big lineman. I'm not sure they scare anyone...... yet.

I said at the beginning of the season SK are loaded with talent.

5 hours ago, MaddenCurse44 said:

Yea we are the team is good defense is alot better!

3 hours ago, MaddenCurse44 said:

SK is a much improved team on defense.

10 minutes ago, MaddenCurse44 said:

I said at the beginning of the season SK are loaded with talent.

They have to prove it on the field, period. You can't expect people to take one Simon Kenton fan's word for it that they're a top ten team after winning TWO games last year. And allowed 42 points per game. No one, in any class, in any state in the country could reasonably expect a top ten ranking coming off a season like that. 

And for the record, I think SK will have a bounce back year. I just don't know what their record will look like, because the schedule is rugged. No one should be surprised if they win the district and a couple of playoff games. They've got experience and talent in the right places.

• Like 6

On 8/15/2022 at 12:12 PM, TheDeuce said:

Class 6A

1. Saint Xavier vs. 5A #2 Owensboro 

2. Trinity at Carmel (IN) 

3. Male at Floyd Central (IN) 

4. Manual at 4A #4 Central

5. Bryan Station at 5A #1 Frederick Douglass 

6. Madison Central vs. 2A #2 Lexington Christian Academy

7. Bullitt East -- OPEN

8. Ryle at 4A #5 Lexington Catholic

9. Pleasure Ridge Park vs. 4A Valley

10. Henderson County vs. 4A Calloway County

I told ya Bryan Station and Ryle had no business in the top 10!