Campbell County/Beechwood (Scrimmage)

2 minutes ago, NKYRaider said:

You gotta be the biggest Ryle hater of all time. Falsely accusing their youth teams of practicing early and now being critical of their “scrimmage” schedule. What did they do to you to deserve so much hate?

No hate here. Just don't understand why a 6A school would scrimmage Holy Cross. And there was a youth team(with black helmets) only team in union I know in Union with black helmets. Just thought it was odd practicing so early in helmets in pads.

1 hour ago, Jason Bucklen said:

Is the Tigers line smaller than last years? 

28 minutes ago, KYFootballFanz said:

Yes. 

There is no 300 lb D1 tackle like last year, but I thought the line more than held their own tonight. Enough size to get the job done. Beechwood's starting center and their left guard the last two years were barely 200 lbs. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, MaddenCurse44 said:

No hate here. Just don't understand why a 6A school would scrimmage Holy Cross. And there was a youth team(with black helmets) only team in union I know in Union with black helmets. Just thought it was odd practicing so early in helmets in pads.

From what I saw, HC played Ryle’s JV team. 

You were quick to accuse them on a message board while bringing up a violation of league rules. To state you just “thought it was odd” seems a little disingenuous.

Beechwood looked pretty good tonight for first scrimmage! Berger is a BEAST and always will be. Kid runs hard and down hill! Always gets to the ball on defense. Line looked pretty good as well! Beechwood’s young QB looked poised and threw some nice balls. The best thing is, they have some weapons on Offense and a great Defense that should alleviate the pressures for a young QB.  Defense will be better than last year and they were pretty dang good! The new Robinson kids is put together! I’m sure he’ll be a beast! Good things for Beechwood. Don’t know much about Campbell County other than they won one game last year I believe. They’ll probably get a few more wins this year under their belts. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, NKY KnowItAll said:

Beechwood looked pretty good tonight for first scrimmage! Berger is a BEAST and always will be. Kid runs hard and down hill! Always gets to the ball on defense. Line looked pretty good as well! Beechwood’s young QB looked poised and threw some nice balls. The best thing is, they have some weapons on Offense and a great Defense that should alleviate the pressures for a young QB.  Defense will be better than last year and they were pretty dang good! The new Robinson kids is put together! I’m sure he’ll be a beast! Good things for Beechwood. Don’t know much about Campbell County other than they won one game last year I believe. They’ll probably get a few more wins this year under their belts. 

How did Haden look at QB? Great kid with a lot of talent. 

40 minutes ago, NKYRaider said:

You gotta be the biggest Ryle hater of all time. Falsely accusing their youth teams of practicing early and now being critical of their “scrimmage” schedule. What did they do to you to deserve so much hate?

Boone is a fine scrimmage but Ryle has no business having HC on their schedule in any capacity. Both Varsity and JV would benefit more from an intra-squad scrimmage. 

27 minutes ago, NKY KnowItAll said:

Any young stand outs to be hopeful for? 

12 minutes ago, hector607 said:

Boone is a fine scrimmage but Ryle has no business having HC on their schedule in any capacity. Both Varsity and JV would benefit more from an intra-squad scrimmage. 

I’ve watched Ryle scrimmage Trinity and schedule Indy Cathedral, Cincy Elder, St. X,  CovCath, Highlands, one of Beechwood’s best teams and a really good Scott County team over the past few years. If you’re implying they play cupcakes, I’d encourage you to do some more research.

I actually was impressed with HC for only having 20 or so kids. They played really hard and had some good talent. I’m sure they got something out of the scrimmage.

2 hours ago, MaddenCurse44 said:

Ryle better worry about Ryle when they are scrimmaging teams like Boone and Holy Cross.

Ryle will continue to try to meet and exceed all standards set by strangers to the program and the ones they have for themselves. The kids are excited for the season and we are all hoping for healthy, fun competition!

Hopefully next year Ryle can schedule the Bengals or UC for a quick assessment of their talent and a worry-free season.

Glad to see the Camels are getting a great tune-up from another well-coached and talented Rash Beechwood team! Always a great learning opportunity anytime you get to play another school. 

Season is here! 😁

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, NKYRaider said:

I’ve watched Ryle scrimmage Trinity and schedule Indy Cathedral, Cincy Elder, St. X,  CovCath, Highlands, one of Beechwood’s best teams and a really good Scott County team over the past few years. If you’re implying they play cupcakes, I’d encourage you to do some more research.

I actually was impressed with HC for only having 20 or so kids. They played really hard and had some good talent. I’m sure they got something out of the scrimmage.

I’m sure HC will really prepare Ryle for St. X.