Holmes names Tony Perkins boys basketball coach.

34 minutes ago, Hoops Junkie said:

Certainly unconfirmed, but I was told Holmes enrollment is way down.  Almost half from just about 10 years ago (someone feel free to correct me).  Also, it seems that any decent talent the past few years looks for better situations.  2 good examples would be Ward and Elmer.  Seems like both of them made good decisions for each of them as well.  Good luck to coach Perkins, but it looks like it may be a long road.

Holmes' boys' enrollment in 2009-10:  425

Holmes' boys' enrollment in 2019-20:  444

• Like 2

On 7/6/2022 at 4:47 PM, The Double Deuce said:

Beechwood is likely to slide back even more after this year, and Holy Cross after Jake Meyer is a bit of a crap-shoot with a young coach and not a ton in the pipeline on the boys' side, so that 2nd ticket to the 9th Region tourney appears to be doable if Tony can get the kids to come out and stay invested.

Why do you think Beechwood will slide back after this year?  

Holmes enrollment is down, from the earlier days, I graduated in the early 70 s, our class had around 425, that's just our senior class, this years class was up from last years, I believe there was around 180 seniors, the few years before that, it was around 150. Hopefully the numbers will stay up, don't think they will ever return to the numbers of the 70s or 80s. Hoping the Bulldogs can eventually return to the elite program it was. Good luck to Coach Perkins.

On 7/6/2022 at 4:47 PM, The Double Deuce said:

Beechwood is likely to slide back even more after this year, and Holy Cross after Jake Meyer is a bit of a crap-shoot with a young coach and not a ton in the pipeline on the boys' side, so that 2nd ticket to the 9th Region tourney appears to be doable if Tony can get the kids to come out and stay invested.

Beechwood is just fine they have 6'5 Maddox Kelly and Harney is a Freshman.

• Thanks 1

• Colonels_Wear_Blue changed the title to Holmes names Tony Perkins boys basketball coach.