Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Subway Series?

Featured Replies

Sure, it’s early, but the Bronx Bombers and the Metropolitans have showed a lot through the first sixty games or so. 

Chances?  Good for the game?

First of all, gross. ?  I can't stand the thought of either of those two in the Series, ESPECIALLY the Mets.

Chances? Looking favorable right now, but the Mets have had a recent history of falling apart, and I don't think I'd favor them in the postseason against several of the teams in the NL, the Dodgers in particular. I don't think they make it. The Yankees, on the other hand, I think have a pretty strong chance of getting there.

Good for the game? I never view a series between the two New York teams as good for the game.  Since the advent of interleague play took the uniqueness of the series off the table (in that they never would play otherwise), there really isn't the same compelling storyline to pull viewers in.  I think it'd be huge in the New York market, but I think it would cause people to tune out in droves elsewhere.

And finally, gross.

Wouldn't shock me if they both made it, but I think the Dodgers are still the favorite in the NL.   I also would not be shocked if neither made it.

Buck Showalter deserves to win a title so I say let it happens and let the Mets win.

19 hours ago, DanvilleFan said:

Buck Showalter deserves to win a title so I say let it happens and let the Mets win.

Does he?  Both the Yankees and Diamondbacks improved and won the World Series after he left them.  Coincidence?  Or was he the problem? 

1 hour ago, Carl Spackler said:

Does he?  Both the Yankees and Diamondbacks improved and won the World Series after he left them.  Coincidence?  Or was he the problem? 

He had the Orioles in the ALCS when he was there but then they kind of came back to earth towards the end of his reign.   But I don't think that was Buck.   That was ownership.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.