Open Job: Carroll County

TRPride

This appears to have been going on for the past two weeks or so. It just never appeared to be openly certain. Good luck to Coach Franklin wherever he lands. 

Strangely it’s not posted on the district website. 

On 4/10/2022 at 9:34 AM, barrel said:

This appears to have been going on for the past two weeks or so. It just never appeared to be openly certain. Good luck to Coach Franklin wherever he lands. 

Well it appears the job was taken down from KHSAA, as I only see the girls basketball job is now posted from their district.

On 4/10/2022 at 9:34 AM, barrel said:

29 minutes ago, TRPride said:

Well it appears the job was taken down from KHSAA, as I only see the girls basketball job is now posted from their district

Carroll County's KHSAA Directory listing still shows Justin Franklin as head football coach.

7 minutes ago, Colonels_Wear_Blue said:

Carroll County's KHSAA Directory listing still shows Justin Franklin as head football coach.

I see. I found this petition which was the only thing that verified he was no longer the Coach, but previous thread and @barrel comments said it has been going on two weeks. Not trying to violate community guidelines in posting falseness.

https://www.change.org/p/keep-coach-franklin?utm_content=cl_sharecopy_32830350_en-US%3A4&recruiter=1179493755&recruited_by_id=a1caea70-6829-11eb-9b62-1b0794934ad9&utm_source=share_petition&utm_medium=copylink&utm_campaign=psf_combo_share_initial&utm_term=share_petition&share_bandit_exp=initial-32830350-en-US 

The whole thing from what I’ve pieced together is really strange. When I first heard it was a possibility I created the thread about it. There were all kinds of Facebook posts making it sound like he was no longer the HC. In one of those post was the petition. From the ones speaking out it also appeared that this wasn’t a very popular decision. 

Now who knows what’s going on. Maybe he was never officially let go. Maybe they did a 180 on the decision. Maybe they already knew who they wanted to replace him with and they are going about it in a strange way. 

Recently as a program they’ve been kind of interesting. For a 2A school they have pretty good numbers (40-50 kids). They have pretty good athletes. Their facilities are at least above average with turf and indoor practice area. They at least appear to have decent community support. The district is favorable and until they switched to sister districts one  would have a home playoff game with a chance to go three rounds deep. So from the outside in things look good. Then this , whatever this is, happens and it throws up all kinds of red flags. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

So is this job open? maybe a petition to keep him, but there is an even bigger list of concerns from what I was told from a parent.... Now, you know how that goes, but once they start talking about heat index, and injuries, and things of the sort your days are numbered. 

• Like 1

From my understanding the job is in fact open.  Now why it isn’t posted is another good question. It looks like the HC was well liked by the players which could make whoever replaces him have a tougher time. 

• Thanks 1

On 4/13/2022 at 9:29 AM, FLYGUY said:

So is this job open? maybe a petition to keep him, but there is an even bigger list of concerns from what I was told from a parent.... Now, you know how that goes, but once they start talking about heat index, and injuries, and things of the sort your days are numbered. 

List of concerns...? Regarding the School/Job or Coach?

On 4/15/2022 at 9:27 AM, BestBackUpEver said:

List of concerns...? Regarding the School/Job or Coach?

From my understanding there is a detailed list on issues with the coach floating around... a parent told me about this. I seen it... not sure who all has it, where it came from.. etc.. but its detailed. 

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Colonels_Wear_Blue said:

I want to say that the job took forever to be posted when Coach Cantwell left as well. I could be mistaken about that though.

The job is posted on Carroll’s school page, posted 3/27.