2007 Bullitt East

theguru

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well IMO for one thing they need to get stronger. The Veer is designed for power runners to go up the middle and all we had were speed backs last year. I think they will rebound with a 8-2 or 9-1 season.

The coach was definitely not pleased with last season and it has shown with the attitude he is bringing to off season workouts. I believe the kids will respond.

MH is correct. East's offense has had great power runners for a long time with Corey Rakes being the most recent one whose abilities went hand-in-hand with the veer. This year, they didn't have a back that wanted to "mix it up" in the middle. Nor did they have a line that could push other teams around like they have had in recent years. No doubt they will get back to basics and find ones that can do the job. Look for them to finish 2nd in the new district this coming season to the "other" team in Bullitt County.

• 5 weeks later...

BE had a bunch of sophomores get playing time last year. Those kids took their lumps, but should be ready to hand some out this year. BE will take some losses during the regular season because the schedule is very difficult. By playoff time East could be ready make some noise. North would have to be the early favorite, with East likely making a run at a state title in 2008.

BE 2007 Schedule

DeSales H

Bullitt Central H

Louisville Central A

Marion County A District

Fairdale H

North Bullitt A District

Laure County H District

Manual A

Nelson County H

East will be a better team if they find a QB that run the offense effectively and a RB that will mix it up. However, they will need a lot of improvement to get past North that returns 9 starters on offense and 8 on defense from a team that manhandled East in the mud bowl. They will be better still in '09 but will still have to find a way to stop possibly the best RB in state in '09 (Dalton Cissell). North will lose a lot around him after next season but will still have a very solid offensive line to run behind.

I think this is North's last chance to make a big run. They will lose a bunch of talent after this season. I just don't think they enough after this group graduates to make a big push. Cissel can't do it alone. Other than Dalton, his class isn't very strong. The group behind him is solid, but I think this incoming class of freshmen won't be as good. You're only as good as your seniors.

Cissell is 5'10" and currently weighs about 197. He is the centerpiece as anyone who rushed for 2,143 yds as a sophomore would be. However, what made North better late in the year and what will make them very dangerous in '08 is that R.D.Reynolds is now the QB. Reynolds had nearly 1,300 yds himself last year rushing, passing and receiving. :fight:

• 2 months later...

Here is the Bullitt East schedule for the 2007 season:

08-25 Woodford County @ Papa John's (Ray Adams Charger Classic)

08-31 DeSales @ BE

09-07 Bullitt Central @ BE

09-14 Louisville Central @ Louisville Central

09-21 Marion County @ Marion County-District Game

09-28 Fairdale @ BE

10-05 North Bullitt @ North Bullitt-District Game

10-12 BYE

10-19 Larue County @ BE-District Game

10-26 Dupont Manual @ Manual Stadium

11-02 Nelson County @ BE

Definetely a game of contrasting styles. The 1st game of the season is always hard to predict, especially right now. I don't know much about Woodford, other than they like to throw the football and they have a VERY good WR. I think they graduated quite a few kids, but I don't know any specifics. BE should be improved from last year, as most of the starters are returning on both sides of the ball. BE will be breaking in a new QB, but I don't think it will be an issue. Can't wait for the season to start. Should be a good opening game for both teams.