2007 Boyd County

theguru

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Boyd County will be fine this year. They need to work hard on getting an O-Line and D-Line established. If Coach Evans can accomplish that, then he will have a great season, because we have some great athletes in the positional spots. From what I hear with the new regions, this could probably be one of our weakest schedules too.

Good luck to the Lions this year.

The changes in the class structure will help Boyd County as well as Coach Evans laying the foundation for his system. They should have a quality season with the returning players, but to consistently be a good team the number of kids playing will need to increase. It will be important to try to stack each class with about 20 players.

who all at what positions is returning and give a little of info on each please

Defensive wise I am not sure who they will put where...but there are some good young talent coming up.

QB - Zak Wilson, earned some valueable experience last year.

RB - Gatlin Barker, will probably be the most talented on team and one of the most talented in area this year.

RB - Zach Miller will be getting some oppurtunities this year.

TE - Selby would be big factor on this team if they can get him back in pads. Division I scholarship could be his if he wanted it.

Coach Evans has brought this program a long way in a short time. I really think that they are the front runner in their district next year. You could see a big imporvement from the first time we played them and the playoff game this past year. I know next year is a new team, but they'll have several familiar faces.

Good luck Lions!

Boyd Co. in my opinion my be the front runner in their district next year. They really started the right the ship towards the end of the season and made solid showings against JC both times. They return talent in the right places and Evans showed in a short time what he could do with BC's talent.

• 5 months later...

Coach Evans is a heck of a coach and picked right up with this program where Dane Damron left off. The Lions will an improved unit under their new system and I look for them to improve not only on the field but on the scoreboard as well.

Good luck to Evans and the Lions,

Yoter