Brohm and Bush....What do you think?

Riverside 157

Now that the Orange Bowl Trophy is secure in the Derby City, do you think Brian Brohm will enter the NFL Draft or not? Why? Will Michael Bush return for his senior year or enter the NFL Draft? Why?

I feel as if Brohm will return because he wants to finish his degree. He can enter the draft next year and his stock will probably be equivalent to this year, may even be higher. Always the worry of a carrer ending injury, but the Cards keep him pretty protected in that Offense. ( He is not running the ball as a primary ball carrier and subjecting himself to some major hits against full speed linebackers downfield...). Yes, Brohm had a great year. He could have even a better year, next year, statistically.... He has some things to improve upon for the next level.

I feel as if Bush will return as well. I have not seen or heard of any results or prognosis on his rehab...? Makes me think that he will need to totally recover (the best he can..) and return for his final year to prove he is healthy and ready for the NFL. I just dont see his stock as a major pick having been on the sidelines nearly all of this year....! Would love to see him fully rehab and once again prove to all that he is a great RB and he is healthy and ready for NFL draft after next season.

Putting both together.... Looks for a great preseason ranking for U of L and a possibility at another BCS Bowl game bid..... Time will tell about the decisions to enter the draft by Jan. 15.....

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Brohm is going to test the waters, and right now they seem very warm. I'd love to see Brohm stay, but right now it doesn't look good.

Bush will return IMO. His recovery isn't going as planned, and it's looking like he will not be ready for the combine or individual workouts...

Bush's Dad was quoted in the paper as saying Mike is 60/40 towards leaving right now. Said the risk of injury if Mike were to come back worries them. Brohm was also quoted as saying that the chance to come back and play for a title is "very tempting."

Bush is supposed to have a decision made by Friday. Brohm hasn't given a set time yet. We shall see but if I had to guess I'd say Bush is gone and Brohm returns. FWIW, Brohm will return his top 3 receivers in Urrutia, Douglas and Barnidge.

I think if Bush comes back, so does Brohm. I thought for sure they would both be gone, but after GT telling me that Bush may not be ready for the camps, Im starting to believe they'll both be back.

What does he know? :sssh:

:D

With rumors flying that Brady Quinn has let it be known that he doesn't want to go to Oakland or Detroit, but rather Cleveland, I think Brohm comes out and is the #1 overall pick.

Bush, on the other hand, will IMO also declare and be an mid second rounder.

Should be interesting to see how UofL does next year, if they are without their Dynamic Duo.

With rumors flying that Brady Quinn has let it be known that he doesn't want to go to Oakland or Detroit, but rather Cleveland, I think Brohm comes out and is the #1 overall pick.

Bush, on the other hand, will IMO also declare and be an mid second rounder.

Should be interesting to see how UofL does next year, if they are without their Dynamic Duo.

The prospect of going to Oakland where Art Shell is the coach and Al Davis is running the show or Detroit where the great Matt Millen is in charge might be enough to persuade Brian to return for another year. :lol:

Had they stayed healthy I think they both would have stayed. With both of them being injured I think they both will go. That also makes me think if I'm Petrino it would be easier to leave too but who knows. All 3 have put themselves in great situations whatever the decide to do.

I know I have really enjoyed following them in high school when I lived in Louisville and am proud of them for staying home and living their dream! Not many people are able to do that!

If Bush leaves they will be fine with Anthony Allen. We've seen Cantwell lead UL to wins, and as long as he has Douglas and Mario the Cards will be just fine...

I don't think U of L is going to collapse regardless of who leaves. They're still going to be a very good team and a favorite to win the Big East, but having Brohm, Bush, Douglas and Urrutia back for another year makes them, in addition to the Big East favorite, a strong contender for the BCS Title game.

The biggest potential departure for U of L is Bobby Petrino. His leaving would be a far bigger loss than any player, or combination of players, on the roster. I'm not saying I think he will leave, but it's always a possibility with him, IMO. And, if several of his marquee guys leave early, he may decide to make a move while his stock is as high as it's ever been (like Doyel said).