Covington Holy Cross 85 Holmes 75 (35th District Semifinal)

2 hours ago, Randy Parker said:

Something is wrong with the KHSAA records.  Stepp scored 75 points in a single game vs. Feds Creek in 1980.  But when you look at the records for most points scored in a half, you'll see the list provided by Brcatz.  Scott Moore scored 55 in a half, and then the list goes down to those who scored 30 in a half.  Stepp is nowhere on that list.

It's mathematically impossible for him to have scored 75 points in a game without at least scoring 30 in one half.

I've always found it to be pretty inaccurate, but honestly it's inaccuracy is mostly centered around who submits certain records and who doesn't so I'm not sure how you fix it. 

1 minute ago, Polar Bearcat said:

Chris Harrison went for 72 at Augusta around '90.  Seems he would have been on the list as well.

2 hours ago, Randy Parker said:

Something is wrong with the KHSAA records.  Stepp scored 75 points in a single game vs. Feds Creek in 1980.  But when you look at the records for most points scored in a half, you'll see the list provided by Brcatz.  Scott Moore scored 55 in a half, and then the list goes down to those who scored 30 in a half.  Stepp is nowhere on that list.

It's mathematically impossible for him to have scored 75 points in a game without at least scoring 30 in one half.

The KHSAA only lists what is officially reported to them.

3 hours ago, Randy Parker said:

Not sure but I believe the school has to send in the report to KHSAA for any records, may not have.