Somerset Football Players Raise $8500 For Mayfield Storm Victims

Somerset football player Jack Bruner, who was a freshman in the 2019 Championship game against Mayfield, has raised $8500 for the victims of the Mayfield tornadoes.  He had set a goal of raising $5000 for the cause but was able to greatly exceed it.  He gives a great deal of the credit for that to sophomore teammate Guy Bailey and his family. From the article:

"After the storm I thought to myself how the whole Mayfield football team showed us a lot of respect in that 2019 state championship football game," Bruner stated. "I wanted to give back to them and show how it doesn’t matter who wins or who loses. It matters that we’re all brothers at the end of the day." 

https://www.somerset-kentucky.com/sports/jack-bruners-brotherhood-gift-to-mayfield/article_85219f38-18b1-5b02-9a6d-eaeb60d0659d.html

• Like 5
  • Thanks 4

10 hours ago, Carl Spackler said:

Somerset football player Jack Bruner, who was a freshman in the 2019 Championship game against Mayfield, has raised $8500 for the victims of the Mayfield tornadoes.  He had set a goal of raising $5000 for the cause but was able to greatly exceed it.  He gives a great deal of the credit for that to sophomore teammate Guy Bailey and his family. From the article:

"After the storm I thought to myself how the whole Mayfield football team showed us a lot of respect in that 2019 state championship football game," Bruner stated. "I wanted to give back to them and show how it doesn’t matter who wins or who loses. It matters that we’re all brothers at the end of the day." 

https://www.somerset-kentucky.com/sports/jack-bruners-brotherhood-gift-to-mayfield/article_85219f38-18b1-5b02-9a6d-eaeb60d0659d.html

I have not got words to express the gratitude from us all, thank you!

• Like 8

18 hours ago, Carl Spackler said:

Guy Bailey's stepmother is one of my wife's longest and best friends. Wonderful folks. The fact that they would play a role in this is no surprise at all. Great to see these acts of charity!

• Like 4