BluegrassPreps.com 9th Region Week 6 Review and Rankings:

22 hours ago, B-Ball-fan said:

I think that there is truth in "various sites" for the play-in games. Looking at the bracket for Monday, you see the two games scheduled as 7:00 and 7:45 which would indicate two different sites. I assume that the semi's and finals will be at Villa Madonna, with perhaps the play-in games, at both Villa Madonna, and Bellevue. 

Games tonight for the opening round will be at 5:30 pm and 8:00 pm at Villa High School.

5:30 pm. Villa/Dayton

8:00 pm. Holy Cross/Bellevue

* All games will be played at Villa High School with the exception of the finals on Saturday which will be held at Thomas More University at 2:00 pm.

• Like 2
13 hours ago, B-Ball-fan said:

I’m seeing a Highlands/Dixie game that could go either way so to me it’s not a forgone conclusion by any stretch. On top of that the game is being played at Dixie if that helps them any. 

Mason County at 13-3 also has a very tough team, so I’m expecting a barn burner in that one too, and this game is also an away game for the Birds being played at the Fieldhouse.  

The only one where I’m not hesitant to call it a certain Highland’s win is against Simon Kenton. 

All 3 are away games for the Birds in a 5 day period. I don’t expect that to be much of a problem for them, but it could wear on a team a little. 

FYI. Mason County cancelled the game vs. Highlands on 1/15 since they advanced in the AA tournament. My guess is it was now a conflict or it gave them too many games. Bummer. 

• Like 1
25 minutes ago, Baseball Nut 24 said:

Games tonight for the opening round will be at 5:30 pm and 8:00 pm at Villa High School.

5:30 pm. Villa/Dayton

8:00 pm. Holy Cross/Bellevue

* All games will be played at Villa High School with the exception of the finals on Saturday which will be held at Thomas More University at 2:00 pm.

Wow @Baseball Nut 24I'm glad that you're in the know about all of this because all of the available sources are misleading. Hope people read your post here because wherelse are they going to get the accurate information? Thanks for straightening all of this out!

• Like 1
1 minute ago, FirstTimeLongTime said:

FYI. Mason County cancelled the game vs. Highlands on 1/15 since they advanced in the AA tournament. My guess is it was now a conflict or it gave them too many games. Bummer. 

Thanks for the heads up. I was looking forward to that one as I thought that It could've been a good one. 

On 1/9/2022 at 2:31 PM, FrankNicodemus said:

Great write Bball, a couple of things:

1 name you missed that come from a great gene pool is Nathan Vinson, Soph for Birds getting some nice minutes lately (Sam's brother)

Also, very interested to see how they fare with back to back night @ Dixie on Fri and @ Mason County on Sat this weekend.

Interested how you see those going, throw in @ Simon Kenton on Tue night....no clue how good they are since not in the 9th.

If Mason County advances Thursday in the 2A championship they will being playing on Saturday.  The Highlands/Mason County won't take place.

On 1/9/2022 at 9:02 PM, UCME said:

This is just a really tough stretch of games on the road for the Birds, staring with Ashland! 

I wouldn’t be surprised if the Birds win the next 3 or if they drop 1 or 2 of 3!

I believe that they drop the Dixie game in a very close game maybe 4-6 point decision but win other 2 comfortably. 

Dixie Is pretty good!