Pikeville to host Covington Catholic in 2022.

The Oracle

55 minutes ago, Voice of Reason said:

When Cov Cath plays at Beechwood, they usually walk into the stadium about 10 minutes before kickoff. No warmups. Maybe they walk to Beechwood from CCH and use the walk for their warmups? 😏

I recall the first time CovCath did that under Eviston. Warmed up at CovCath (pre lights) with cars pulled up around the field with their headlights on. 

Colonels rolled up 2 minutes before kickoff, walked down through the crazies, gave me Clemson like vibes, game was over before it started haha! 

On 1/9/2022 at 11:43 PM, 1992Rebel said:

Drive last year was brutal. Game started late. Most families didn’t get home till 4:30 am. I’m surprised they are going back.  Love the competition but couldn’t they find a neutral field in the middle somewhere?  

It's the Pike County Bowl hosted in Pike County so a neutral site would be defeating the purpose. Pretty sure we signed up for 2yrs of it.

Being able to sit on a bus for hours and then show up and immediately regain focus to win a tough game is a very good talent to have and something we generally don't work on developing. Our inability to do that sure didn't help us when we tried to beat Johnson Central in the playoffs during the Wirth years.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Voice of Reason said:

When Cov Cath plays at Beechwood, they usually walk into the stadium about 10 minutes before kickoff. No warmups. Maybe they walk to Beechwood from CCH and use the walk for their warmups? 😏

I like it!

23 hours ago, Voice of Reason said:

We do it just because it rubs the Tiger fans the wrong way.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, The Oracle said:

We do it just because it rubs the Tiger fans the wrong way.

There is value in that. It only happens every other year. It is a stunt that probably works with the CCH players because of that. It may bug some of the Beechwood fans but it is old hat now to most Beechwood fans. The Beechwood team is usually in the locker room when CCH finally shows up so I doubt they pay any attention to it.

• Like 1