Bengals coaching staff IFs

Clear after this season that Zak Taylor isn't going anywhere anytime soon.   But defensive inconsistency has been an issue all season.  Would this scenario be plausible?

Viking lose tonight vs Green Bay (and potentially next week against Chicago) and fire Mike Zimmer as head coach.   Would the Bengals consider brining Zimmer back as the DC in Cincinnati, where he had great success on the Marvin Lewis staff?

56 minutes ago, The Raven said:

Clear after this season that Zak Taylor isn't going anywhere anytime soon.   But defensive inconsistency has been an issue all season.  Would this scenario be plausible?

Viking lose tonight vs Green Bay (and potentially next week against Chicago) and fire Mike Zimmer as head coach.   Would the Bengals consider brining Zimmer back as the DC in Cincinnati, where he had great success on the Marvin Lewis staff?

I love Zimmer, but there is no reason why Lou should lose his job as DC. The defense has been solid most of this season. 

8 minutes ago, futurecoach said:

I love Zimmer, but there is no reason why Lou should lose his job as DC. The defense has been solid most of this season. 

For the record, I think Lou deserves more time as well.   The Bengals definitely could use some more depth at LB and some additional help in the secondary.  But the scheme he has put in place has been good.   Just need the consistency that comes with talent and depth.

Uh, Patrick Mahomes and the KC Chiefs are pretty good.  Mahomes can do things that no other QB can do to continue plays.  His ball faking is uncanny.  He completes 20 yard passes down field with crazy arm angles.  Very slippery in the pocket...the Bengals had little opportunity to put him down on the ground.  The Chiefs wide receivers have worked well enough with him to know how to get open.  The Bengals defense was horrible in the first half, but was respectable in the second half.  This was a shootout.  Yes, I think the Bengals defense is inconsistent, but certainly better than recent years.  They have invested a lot on that side of the ball.  I have no problem with the strides made under the current defensive staff.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, nkypete said:

Uh, Patrick Mahomes and the KC Chiefs are pretty good.  Mahomes can do things that no other QB can do to continue plays.  His ball faking is uncanny.  He completes 20 yard passes down field with crazy arm angles.  Very slippery in the pocket...the Bengals had little opportunity to put him down on the ground.  The Chiefs wide receivers have worked well enough with him to know how to get open.  The Bengals defense was horrible in the first half, but was respectable in the second half.  This was a shootout.  Yes, I think the Bengals defense is inconsistent, but certainly better than recent years.  They have invested a lot on that side of the ball.  I have no problem with the strides made under the current defensive staff.

They gave up 3 in the second half right? Pretty strong during crunch time. Controlling the ball kept the defense from getting gassed down the stretch.

• Like 2