Bengals have to beat the Chiefs coming up.  I think the Browns will control their own destiny.  Wins against their remaining opponents and they win the North.  

Four INTs by Mayfield is frustrating but two of them were created by pass interference.  The first INT and the last INT were no-calls by the officials.  I might as well mention the phantom movement called against our G Wyatt Teller.  The Browns nearly pulled that out against an 11-3 team.  If they get healthy and get their players back from Covid protocol, the Browns will be hard to beat.  

• Like 1
22 hours ago, oldgrappler said:

Bengals have to beat the Chiefs coming up.  I think the Browns will control their own destiny.  Wins against their remaining opponents and they win the North.  

Four INTs by Mayfield is frustrating but two of them were created by pass interference.  The first INT and the last INT were no-calls by the officials.  I might as well mention the phantom movement called against our G Wyatt Teller.  The Browns nearly pulled that out against an 11-3 team.  If they get healthy and get their players back from Covid protocol, the Browns will be hard to beat.  

That’s not controlling their own destiny if they have to count on someone else winning. As you mentioned if the Chiefs don’t beat the Bengals, then the Browns don’t control their own destiny at all. 

23 hours ago, 16thBBall Fan said:

Final a 4 interception day for Baker. That loss has really hurt the Browns. They are going to now be two games behind the Bengals and Ravens winner tomorrow. 

The loss only hurt the Browns if the Bengals beat the Chiefs next week. If the Bengals lose next week, and the Browns beat the Steelers. Then we are looking at a possible winner take all for the division and loser stays home scenario for the last game of the year. 

1 hour ago, futurecoach said:

That’s not controlling their own destiny if they have to count on someone else winning. As you mentioned if the Chiefs don’t beat the Bengals, then the Browns don’t control their own destiny at all. 

Yes, coach, I am assuming the Bengals lose to the Chiefs, so for me all the Browns need to do is win their last two games against opponents they should have the upper hand against.  Me saying that the Browns control their own destiny was a little dig at the Bengals as if they have no chance to beat the Chiefs.  Of course they do have a chance, so literally, you are correct.  If any team in the AFC North reaches 10 victories, then the Browns are out.  If it works out like I hope, then the last game of the season against the Bengals is for all the marbles in the AFC North.  But technically, as of today, all four teams in the AFC North still have a chance to win the division.  

• Like 1
On 12/25/2021 at 7:42 PM, oldgrappler said:

This one reminded me of your post og.

refsbrowns.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
On 12/26/2021 at 8:26 PM, oldgrappler said:

Yes, coach, I am assuming the Bengals lose to the Chiefs, so for me all the Browns need to do is win their last two games against opponents they should have the upper hand against.  Me saying that the Browns control their own destiny was a little dig at the Bengals as if they have no chance to beat the Chiefs.  Of course they do have a chance, so literally, you are correct.  If any team in the AFC North reaches 10 victories, then the Browns are out.  If it works out like I hope, then the last game of the season against the Bengals is for all the marbles in the AFC North.  But technically, as of today, all four teams in the AFC North still have a chance to win the division.  

Told you the Browns didn’t control their own destiny! 😁

Ill be honest though the bengals winning today did surprise me too. 

• Like 1

You were right, @futurecoach, and I was wrong.  

The Bengals deserve the AFC North championship.  They beat Pittsburgh twice, and Baltimore twice.  Their only blemish is against the Browns with one loss.  The next matchup won't have meaning other than a little pride for the Browns.  

• Like 1