NKMSAA Basketball Players/Teams to Watch

throwback32

1 minute ago, nees1212 said:

6th Grade Boys Championship:

Beechwood vs St. Pius at I believe 9:45 Saturday at Conner

If I am not mistaken, I have seen both of these teams play......they are legit.  Lots of great young talent.

If I am correct on the teams, both of these have a kid that is built like a Freshman, Beechwood has a tall lanky kid and St. Pius has a kid that looks like he could play linebacker on a Freshman football team, tall and thick....

This is probably going to be a great game......I give edge to St Pius.  

I am assuming they played against each other in Reg Season......do you know how that game went???

7th grade championship is Saturday at 12:30 between Beechwood and Highlands.  This should be another good one.  They split during the regular season with each team winning on the road, including a double overtime win by the Tigers at HMS.

53 minutes ago, FrankNicodemus said:

If I am not mistaken, I have seen both of these teams play......they are legit.  Lots of great young talent.

If I am correct on the teams, both of these have a kid that is built like a Freshman, Beechwood has a tall lanky kid and St. Pius has a kid that looks like he could play linebacker on a Freshman football team, tall and thick....

This is probably going to be a great game......I give edge to St Pius.  

I am assuming they played against each other in Reg Season......do you know how that game went???

Pius has kid(s) built like older kids, but not Beechwood.

Beechwood has never beaten Pius over the years.  This year, they've played them twice, lost by 3 and 30.  This is where these teams have an advantage over the others as they've been playing together since 2nd or 3rd grade.  For nearly all the other teams, it's their first year together.

Guard play is the difference in the 2 teams.  Beechwood has the big kid and their 2 forwards can light it up from deep.  Guards are small.  Plus they only go 6 to 7 deep at most on a 16 kid roster.  Pius starting 5 are all solid as is their bench.  The big man does not look like a freshman.  He's strong with quick feet that causes a lot of problems.  Only Grey's big man can really match up with him in the league.

Beechwood has to limit turnovers and move the ball on offense, make Pius work defensively.

• Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, nees1212 said:

Pius has kid(s) built like older kids, but not Beechwood.

Beechwood has never beaten Pius over the years.  This year, they've played them twice, lost by 3 and 30.  This is where these teams have an advantage over the others as they've been playing together since 2nd or 3rd grade.  For nearly all the other teams, it's their first year together.

Guard play is the difference in the 2 teams.  Beechwood has the big kid and their 2 forwards can light it up from deep.  Guards are small.  Plus they only go 6 to 7 deep at most on a 16 kid roster.  Pius starting 5 are all solid as is their bench.  The big man does not look like a freshman.  He's strong with quick feet that causes a lot of problems.  Only Grey's big man can really match up with him in the league.

Beechwood has to limit turnovers and move the ball on offense, make Pius work defensively.

PLUS Pius plays in the Catholic league and the NKY Middle School league......that's a lot of games for them to play together and grow....

8th grade game boils down to Beechwood’s Logan Wermuth’s ability to get to the rim, finish, and find Beechwood’s open shooters vs Highlands depth, defensive intensity and transition offense.

if this game is in the 30’s, it could favor Beechwood.  Highlands wants this to be an up and down game where their length and athleticism can take over.

Should be a great finale to an always outstanding day of games at Connor.