Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

I miss westsider (Joey Fosko)

Featured Replies

With Belfry playing Paducah Tilghman this week, I couldn't help but think of my old friend Joey Fosko.  BGP's westsider.

Joey was the most informed high school sports guy I have ever known, particularly in western Kentucky.  Joey and I used to talk about the 1985 championship game in 3A when the Blue Tornado beat my Pirates.  

I would have really enjoyed talking with him this week.  

 

https://bluegrasspreps.com/forums/topic/113438-westsider-has-passed-away/#comments

I agree.

He would have loved that matchup with the storylines of how those teams got there and then the subsequent historic and competitive game.

3 hours ago, Watusi said:

With Belfry playing Paducah Tilghman this week, I couldn't help but think of my old friend Joey Fosko.  BGP's westsider.

Joey was the most informed high school sports guy I have ever known, particularly in western Kentucky.  Joey and I used to talk about the 1985 championship game in 3A when the Blue Tornado beat my Pirates.  

I would have really enjoyed talking with him this week.  

 

https://bluegrasspreps.com/forums/topic/113438-westsider-has-passed-away/#comments

You are correct. He knew about everything around this area and beyond.

It hasn't been the same with him gone, not even close. He was a great guy. 

Joey and I had many Great Debates back in the day.  Much like you, Watusi, I always greatly respected his opinions and inputs on KY High School football, and I greatly miss him.  We had a core group on BGP at that time which was through the roof with both knowledge and great banter.  Hope everything is going well with you and yours, my friend. ???

2 hours ago, Colonels_Wear_Blue said:

Man oh man... @Watusi, @snakesnot_2000, and @Oxnard sightings all in the same thread.

That's 60 years of BGP membership experience right there. If Joey Fosko was still around with his @westsider account (you know he would be) then we'd be up to 80 years of BGP membership.

It means we're old.

  • Author
20 minutes ago, snakesnot_2000 said:

It means we're old.

That pretty much sums it up lol

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.