Trinity 38 Ryle 18

TheDeuce

1 minute ago, TheDeuce said:

I’m glad you mentioned KFOA. I am biased admittedly, and think that is the best organization in the state. 

Are they not calling all these penalties on Louisville teams during the season? (That is rhetorical, if it isn’t obvious.) Why when a Louisville team travels outside the Snyder are they often penalized more than their opponents, and more than during the regular season?

We see it every year in the finals… An officiating crew that is out of their league and has no business being there. 

You can't discount this.  When you haven't experienced a high level of football on a regular basis and all of the sudden you are thrown into that situation mistakes are going to happen. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, TheDeuce said:

If we don’t have an issue with the discrepancy in calls, one of two things must be true IMO: Ryle DOMINATED the line of scrimmage causing all the holding calls on Trinity, or Trinity is just that undisciplined.

Off the top of my head the only times I have seen an undisciplined Trinity team is when they get caught up in exchanging personal fouls. 

15 hours ago, TheDeuce said:

If we don’t have an issue with the discrepancy in calls, one of two things must be true IMO: Ryle DOMINATED the line of scrimmage causing all the holding calls on Trinity, or Trinity is just that undisciplined.

I would say undisciplined, Ryle's DL really wasn't what it usually is this season. I don't believe there was a discrepancy in the calls. As I have said, they called a fair game. If you can, go back and re-watch the game on film and you will see.

My 2 cents on the game.  Yes the fair catch early whistle was a terrible call.  I really put this Ryle loss on the coaches.  They never figured out the whole year that we could be a dominant run team.  They put to much pressure on their young quarterback and he just had one of those games that he needs to learn from.  Ryle's Colemire, Yowan and Savage really never touched the ball in the first half.  They continued to try and throw the ball and force things.  Ryle's D was up to task but 4 turnovers in the first half was to much to overcome.  If Ryle would have stuck to the run I think it's a much closer game.  Congrats to trinity and ryle continues to be outcoached on the offensive side of the ball year in and year out.  The coaches panicked when we went down 14-3 and put it all on the ryle's young QB to bring them back.  

• Like 4