Owensboro 43 Graves County 0

I expected the Red Devils to win, but not that much.  BUT unless you've been there in the playoffs, Rash Stadium is a very tough place to play.  Congrats.

Carbon is the difference for O IMO.

• Like 1

Owensboro has so many underrated athletes. I believe they have the talent to go all the way. Especially if they continue to play like they did tonight. You can’t even tell this Red Devil team lost one of the top rated QB’s In the nation in the middle of the season. They just picked up where they left off and improved every week. I think it would be safe to say this yrs team might better than last years team even with the loss of Wimsatt 

• Like 2

Total Yards - Owensboro 404, Graves  130

Passing - Boone (Owensboro) 16 for 27, 241 yards, 4 TD’s (2 INT’s), DeFraitis (Graves) 6 for 18 34 yards 0 TD’s, 4 INT’s

Rushing - Owensboro 163 (Carbon had 100 of those), Graves McKee 27-94. (Grant also ran but I think was no yards)

Receiving  Rogers 8 catches 101, Goodwin 2 for 32 yards and 2 TD’s, Carbon 2 for 52 and 2 TD’s, Pendleton also made some nice catches in traffic (no individual Graves stats but mainly the 34 yards was Grant - I do not remember Isaiah making a catch)

Pendleton had great pick 6 to finish the scoring.

Graves never threatened, and was never in RZ.  O had 2 weird passes intercepted, one was thrown a little high and tipped high (by the O receiver) right to the safety, the other was just mishandled by Boone and came out like a bad firework.  That said, Graves defense was great the 1st quarter, they were NOT going to let Barksdale run over them - they did a great job on Barksdale all night.  1st quarter was scoreless, then O started methodically moving the ball at will the rest of the game.  

• Thanks 1
8 hours ago, Devils Fan said:

Owensboro has so many underrated athletes. I believe they have the talent to go all the way. Especially if they continue to play like they did tonight. You can’t even tell this Red Devil team lost one of the top rated QB’s In the nation in the middle of the season. They just picked up where they left off and improved every week. I think it would be safe to say this yrs team might better than last years team even with the loss of Wimsatt 

I have to congratulate the entire team.  The coaches did a marvelous job.  You can’t hold a great offense like Graves down without tremendous preparation and game planning.  They did, and Owensboro’s players carried it out.  Offensively, Defensively - tremendous effort.  The play calling adapted to what Graves was doing and the play design was awesome.  I loved the play call to Carbon in the flat.  Boone executed greatly - great arm, good legs.  Owensboro is going to be a load for anyone IF the coaches continue to do the job they did and the players continue to play their hearts out..

To your point @Devils Fan, I agree, this team is better.  I said early on that I thought the WR group and RB groups would be better - they are!  Much more home run power and athletes than can take one to the house as compared to last year.  WR group is big 6-0, 6-0, 6-3, 6-4 and Barksdale and Carbon are huge at running just the ball.  Coaching staff did a great job to re-emphasize a running package this year, not just throwing 50 times a game.  O will truly take and adapt to what you give it.

• Like 3

That was the best team we have played in a very long time. Might have been the best high school performance I have ever seen. Owensboro was at another level. I am still in shock to be honest.

• Like 4
14 minutes ago, gcbleedblue said:

That was the best team we have played in a very long time. Might have been the best high school performance I have ever seen. Owensboro was at another level. I am still in shock to be honest.

Very kind @gcbleedblue.  Graves had a great team this year and was off on their passing game somewhat on Friday night.  Owensboro played A game and Graves didn't play their A, but their defense was stout, especially that 1st quarter.  Graves held Barksdale all night and wasn't going to let him beat them.  They had a chance at 6 and the QB overthrew Grant on broken coverage.   I love McKee - the passion he plays with up until the final horn.  He's had a huge career and one of the best there is in the state at RB.

• Like 1