Harrison County 34 Rowan County 21

4 minutes ago, DevilMayCare said:

This was the only instance of a #4 seed beating a #1 seed this year. Rowan won the first meeting 50-28.

How many other 4 vs 1 seeds were close (one score) games. I can think of one off the top of my head - Brossart 14 Paris 12.

If you have the data, how many 3 seeds won games?

6 minutes ago, Voice of Reason said:

How many other 4 vs 1 seeds were close (one score) games. I can think of one off the top of my head - Brossart 14 Paris 12.

Only one other 1v4 game was decided by one score or less: Dunbar defeated Lafayette, 21-19.

Don't know about the 3 seeds. 

13 minutes ago, Voice of Reason said:

In the same district, #3 Scott beat #2 Holmes. This district ended up in a 3 way tie, so realistically, the 3 over two isn’t a huge surprise, although Holmes did win big over Scott on the road just two weeks ago. 

17 minutes ago, DevilMayCare said:

Only one other 1v4 game was decided by one score or less: Dunbar defeated Lafayette, 21-19.

Don't know about the 3 seeds. 

I just looked it up. There were 9 #3 seeds that won their games. 

Of the 70 games played this week in round one, by my count 28 of those looked like competitive games based on scores and what I know of the games. That is 40% of the games played were competitive games.

Yes, there were blow out games like what happens in every sport in the first round or two of the playoffs. But 40% of the games were competitive. That is a very strong argument for me against changing the current playoff eligibility rules. I like every team getting into the playoffs. I don't think teams that are competitive should be punished because of the few teams that are not competitive.

• Like 1

On 11/7/2021 at 9:00 AM, rjs4470 said:

In the same district, #3 Scott beat #2 Holmes. This district ended up in a 3 way tie, so realistically, the 3 over two isn’t a huge surprise, although Holmes did win big over Scott on the road just two weeks ago. 

Two years in a row where the #4 seed has beaten the #3 seed, right? Boyd County won at Holmes last year.