Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Lexington Catholic 73 June Buchanan 55

Featured Replies

Final from the Fifth/Third Tournament.

Final from the Fifth/Third Tournament.

 

WOW--Is Catholic that good or June B. a little overrated, especially after only a two point loss to Mason??

  • Author
WOW--Is Catholic that good or June B. a little overrated, especially after only a two point loss to Mason??
June Buchanan just had a bad shooting night.

I think JBS is a little overrated. A solid 14 region team but when it comes to playing down in the Bluegrass it is another world. JBS had a reality check tonight. You need more than one or two players to compete with the upper level of teams.

This was Catholics first game of the tourney and I think they were able to wear JB down with their depth. I don't think you can make any predictions about a possible Mason Catholic matchup based on their scores against Jb. Give JB credit for hanging in there when they could have folded.

Did LexCath play straight up man against JB tonight, or mix in some zone?

It looked like LC played all zone, but mixed them a little. Didn't play any man to man.

I think JBS is a little overrated. A solid 14 region team but when it comes to playing down in the Bluegrass it is another world. JBS had a reality check tonight. You need more than one or two players to compete with the upper level of teams.

I don't think Buchanan is overrated. They probably match up with Bluegrass teams as well as any mountain team, with the exception of South Laurel.

They played yesterday, today was LexCath's first game of the tournament. They didn't fatigue as much as JBS.

It was on Catholic's home court.

And, as nWo reported, Buchanan had a poor shooting night, which happens to every team at one time or another.

All these things have to be factored into the equation when analyzing a game like this.

I said a little overrated. They still are a contender for the 14 th region title. That zone defense Catholic played might have had some effect on the shooting %.

I said a little overrated. They still are a contender for the 14 th region title. That zone defense Catholic played might have had some effect on the shooting %.

I think they are a contender too. But I have been really impressed with Hazard lately. They recovered nicely from their fiasco against Dunbar, but then defeated Lafayette and Madison Central. The 14th region draw is going to be REALLY important this year.

JBS has a nice team. Don't agree with their offense. Try to make it a one man show. they have other weapons, should balance the shots more. Cox the center and forward should get more looks. Actually would think Stepps pts would not suffer and his % would increase. Still they are a nice team, wish them the best.

I agree with you Professor, could be a 1 and a 1A type ranking betewwn these two. See you in a few days for some Basketball in Booneville

I agree with you Professor, could be a 1 and a 1A type ranking betewwn these two. See you in a few days for some Basketball in Booneville

You bet.:thumb: I always enjoy the game with Lee. I have a lot of friends in Bobcat country (many of them golfing buddies) and we have enjoyed ribbing each other over the years. However, my ribs have been a little sore the last 5 games.:D

Those young kids will hopefully tickle your ribs before it is over. anyway see ya soon

I agree, if you run your offense from inside out first you are going to get better looks. Many teams will zone J.B.S. to slow down Stepp's penetration. The zone is also spread out to help cover their shooters. They will have many opportunities to feed the post.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.