CatsPause 12th Region Team and Player Rankings

12 hours ago, se7ens said:

Can you elaborate who has come in to each?

DCA has a 6"11 FR C. and 6"5 Wing player from overseas to go with their whole team returning from last season.  Both could/should be impact players with the FR. ceiling being super high.

7 minutes ago, LethalPG said:

DCA has a 6"11 FR C. and 6"5 Wing player from overseas to go with their whole team returning from last season.  Both could/should be impact players with the FR. ceiling being super high.

DCA was already the best amongst the super tiny schools in the region with some real signs of breaking through into the middle of the pack in the region.

1 minute ago, se7ens said:

DCA was already the best amongst the super tiny schools in the region with some real signs of breaking through into the middle of the pack in the region.

They should be a mid-tier team this year IMO.  If they play it right, and develop their young talent a real player in a few years.

13 hours ago, RimRacker said:

12th Region has some talent for sure. Early season predictions for the districts 

1 Lincoln 2 Boyle 3 Danville 4 DCA 5 Garrard 6 KSD

Lincoln and DCA have transfers that will make impacts

1 W Jessamine 2 E Jessamine 3 Mercer 4 Burgin

West with slight nod over East

1 Pulaski 2 Rockcastle 3 Somerset 4 Casey

Somerset and Casey have new Coaches. Be interesting to see how they progress. 

1 McCreary 2 Southwestern 3 Wayne 

McCreary gets nod over SW without Smith. Rodney Woods team always dangerous come district and region time. 

This looks pretty solid to me.  Maybe flip flop DCA&Garrard Co.  I would also lean towards Wayne over SW, but regardless that region play-in game in the 48th will be tight.  

43 minutes ago, LethalPG said:

This looks pretty solid to me.  Maybe flip flop DCA&Garrard Co.  I would also lean towards Wayne over SW, but regardless that region play-in game in the 48th will be tight.  

Those 48th District teams tend to beat each other up during the season. McCreary Central is the favorite but the one seed (and an automatic bid to the region) could come down to a tiebreaker.

8 hours ago, RimRacker said:

I’m curious to see what Coach McKinney can do with Ads this year. They are young but have some athletes. Ed always finds a way to compete in a very loaded District. 

Bringing back Dante Hayden will be a huge lift for Danville. With Slone gone last year, Hayden some more time at point rather than his typical off-ball position. Have to think another year of experience at point guard will help Danville.

12 hours ago, RimRacker said:

I’m curious to see what Coach McKinney can do with Ads this year. They are young but have some athletes. Ed always finds a way to compete in a very loaded District. 

Coach McKinney does a great job at Danville, its crazy he's never won the Region. I think Danville could be a sleeper team in the 45th District. Hayden, Dunn, and Bryant can play. I think the 45th District tournament is at Danville this year, that could be huge. I wouldn't want to play them in the tournament.