Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Clinton Co. 61 Johnson Central 42

Featured Replies

Final.

 

What has happened to the Golden Eagles? They have now lost 7 in a row.

Final.

 

What has happened to the Golden Eagles? They have now lost 7 in a row.

I think it's a combination of a lot of things.

 

Some key players did not come back out this year, they have had 4 players quit since the season has started, they don't have a lot of size, they dont rebound well, McCarty has been hurt the last 3 or 4 games, and I think there has not been a lot of team unity.

I think it's a combination of a lot of things.

 

Some key players did not come back out this year, they have had 4 players quit since the season has started, they don't have a lot of size, they dont rebound well, McCarty has been hurt the last 3 or 4 games, and I think there has not been a lot of team unity.

 

 

I believe you are right my friend. JCHS has some problems at this point in the season. They will have to find a way to get it done, or it might be a long season for these kids.

I think it's a combination of a lot of things.

 

Some key players did not come back out this year, they have had 4 players quit since the season has started, they don't have a lot of size, they dont rebound well, McCarty has been hurt the last 3 or 4 games, and I think there has not been a lot of team unity.

One thing they really miss is Jesse Meek. He could make a world of diffrence in this team.

It's hard for me to understand why kids coming back from a Sweet 16 team would (a.) choose not to come out to begin with, or (b.) start the year, and then for some unexplained reason, quit the team.

 

I was under the impression that Coach Starns had worked wonders down there, after all he got them to the State Tournament in his first season (last year) at the helm.

 

What gives at JC?

One thing they really miss is Jesse Meek. He could make a world of diffrence in this team.

Maybe, but the downside would be that he is more of a team distraction than he would help. In the long run , I dont know which is better , or which is worse. However you want to phrase it.

It's hard for me to understand why kids coming back from a Sweet 16 team would (a.) choose not to come out to begin with, or (b.) start the year, and then for some unexplained reason, quit the team.

 

I was under the impression that Coach Starns had worked wonders down there, after all he got them to the State Tournament in his first season (last year) at the helm.

 

What gives at JC?

IDK, it seems as if the kids dont really enjoy playing for him . I know that one of the assistant coaches said that last year was one of the most miserable seasons that he ever went through. Whatever was meant by that IDK. There are two kids that have been starting lately that did not go through the summer stuff and did not even go out this fall when practice started. They were allowed to come back out in mid- November when the numbers were very low and they didn't have enough players out to have a quality practice. I think that he works the kids hard and all that, but he seems to forget that it should be fun at the same time. If he could ever get the same type of atmosphere around the basketball program that Matney has around the football program, or that Hall has around the baseball program, I think that things could be a lot different. Matney works his kids hard and is tough on them , but he also makes it fun. He makes a special effort to try to communicate with the players. I dont think Starns either wants to do that , or knows how.

 

I dont know that I would consider him working miracles. Dont get me wrong, but the 15th region was very balanced last year, and Johnson Central was probably just as talented as quite a few other teams in the region. It just came down to draws in the tournament and the fact that a couple of teams got knocked off early in the tournament helped out a whole lot IMO.

IDK, it seems as if the kids dont really enjoy playing for him . I know that one of the assistant coaches said that last year was one of the most miserable seasons that he ever went through. Whatever was meant by that IDK. There are two kids that have been starting lately that did not go through the summer stuff and did not even go out this fall when practice started. They were allowed to come back out in mid- November when the numbers were very low and they didn't have enough players out to have a quality practice. I think that he works the kids hard and all that, but he seems to forget that it should be fun at the same time. If he could ever get the same type of atmosphere around the basketball program that Matney has around the football program, or that Hall has around the baseball program, I think that things could be a lot different. Matney works his kids hard and is tough on them , but he also makes it fun. He makes a special effort to try to communicate with the players. I dont think Starns either wants to do that , or knows how.

 

I dont know that I would consider him working miracles. Dont get me wrong, but the 15th region was very balanced last year, and Johnson Central was probably just as talented as quite a few other teams in the region. It just came down to draws in the tournament and the fact that a couple of teams got knocked off early in the tournament helped out a whole lot IMO.

 

Nice post. Alot of truth in this post.

Congratulations to Clinton on a good bounce-back win!! Tough to come back that early after a tough late night loss, and play that well. Looked like the starters got a lot of rest in the 2nd half.

Congratulations to Clinton on a good bounce-back win!! Tough to come back that early after a tough late night loss, and play that well. Looked like the starters got a lot of rest in the 2nd half.

 

No actually the starters didn't get to rest. All of the starters played well into the fourth quarter. The last starter didn't come out until about the 3 minute mark of the 4th quarter.

IDK, it seems as if the kids dont really enjoy playing for him . I know that one of the assistant coaches said that last year was one of the most miserable seasons that he ever went through. Whatever was meant by that IDK. There are two kids that have been starting lately that did not go through the summer stuff and did not even go out this fall when practice started. They were allowed to come back out in mid- November when the numbers were very low and they didn't have enough players out to have a quality practice. I think that he works the kids hard and all that, but he seems to forget that it should be fun at the same time. If he could ever get the same type of atmosphere around the basketball program that Matney has around the football program, or that Hall has around the baseball program, I think that things could be a lot different. Matney works his kids hard and is tough on them , but he also makes it fun. He makes a special effort to try to communicate with the players. I dont think Starns either wants to do that , or knows how.

 

I dont know that I would consider him working miracles. Dont get me wrong, but the 15th region was very balanced last year, and Johnson Central was probably just as talented as quite a few other teams in the region. It just came down to draws in the tournament and the fact that a couple of teams got knocked off early in the tournament helped out a whole lot IMO.

Yeah, but i'm sure thats not how they play the game in the 10th region(Mason). I'd bet when he and Wells were there the kids came everyday ready to bust it and they didnt have all this side distraction.

No actually the starters didn't get to rest. All of the starters played well into the fourth quarter. The last starter didn't come out until about the 3 minute mark of the 4th quarter.

 

How did Vitatoe do? I watched the 4th quarter and he was on the far end of the bench, so I assumed his day was through? Looked like a lot of players I didn't even see the night before, which would make sense with a 20+ point lead?

Yeah, but i'm sure thats not how they play the game in the 10th region(Mason). I'd bet when he and Wells were there the kids came everyday ready to bust it and they didnt have all this side distraction.

Not sure I know what you are saying. Maybe it was different at Mason because Wells was the head coach and Starnes was just an assistant. IDK. Maybe their personalities or the way they go about things are just differet. Sometimes a good assistant coach does not necessarily make a good head coach. I'm not referring to X's and O's.

I know one thing, if things don't change things,they will not win 5 more games the rest of the season. They don' have the personal to play the way Starns wants them to play. This team doesn't have the speed to press like he wants.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.