Ohio State 41 Tulsa 20

Walter

7 point game until CJ Stroud found Garrett Wilson for a 12 yard TD with 3:12 left. 

Pick 6 by OSU on the next Tulsa possession with 2:29 left gave you the final.

5* freshman Henderson is legit... 277 yards and 3 TD's on 24 carries.

I know the defense has been a big focal point, but should OSU fans be worried at all about the offense? @John Anthony

• Thanks 1

Just now, Walter said:

7 point game until CJ Stroud found Garrett Wilson for a 12 yard TD with 3:12 left. 

I know the defense has been a big focal point, but should OSU fans be worried at all about the offense? @John Anthony

I would be worried about a lot of things.

On 9/19/2021 at 11:53 AM, Walter said:

That’s why I said I’m selling all of my Buckeye stock this year. 

Day keeps saying Stroud is hurt but he keeps playing him regardless, of CJ constantly overthrowing people, which could be injury related.  Truth is they both don’t want a Wally Pipp situation.

Our MLB Tommy Eichenberg didn’t record a tackle against Tulsa and has 9 tackles (3 solo) in 140 snaps.

We’re at a low point, I think they have to continue to invest in young players like Henderson, try to get better and develop the team for a 2022 run.  We lost the best QB in school history and it’s really hurting us.  Stroud could end up being a great college player, but he can’t cover-up deficiencies like Fields did for this team.

• Like 2

I guess it's the coaches fault because they have that MLB in the wrong spot to make any tackles lol. The season has a long way to go. Between Covid, NIL, the transfer portal, and just a general change in the whole college experience I believe many programs are struggling....but will be ok. Social Media has changed the dynamic of fan's displeasure. Not being critical but surprised you would feel that Fields was the greatest OSU QB of all time. He didn't get the big trophy and that seems to be the measuring stick. You are much more knowledgeable about OSU than I am.

3 hours ago, 9068 said:

I guess it's the coaches fault because they have that MLB in the wrong spot to make any tackles lol. The season has a long way to go. Between Covid, NIL, the transfer portal, and just a general change in the whole college experience I believe many programs are struggling....but will be ok. Social Media has changed the dynamic of fan's displeasure. Not being critical but surprised you would feel that Fields was the greatest OSU QB of all time. He didn't get the big trophy and that seems to be the measuring stick. You are much more knowledgeable about OSU than I am.

On the topic of linebackers, @John Anthony, looks like Dallas Gant just entered the portal. Not shocked considering PT he was getting. Has he played since Minnesota? 

7 minutes ago, ChickenWyngz said:

On the topic of linebackers, @John Anthony, looks like Dallas Gant just entered the portal. Not shocked considering PT he was getting. Has he played since Minnesota? 

I don’t like it he was a high 4 star guy and an Ohio kid.  The waters are choppy on Columbus right now, this is what makes or breaks you.

• Like 1

On 9/22/2021 at 12:59 PM, John Anthony said:

After Henderson had a record breaking game he got a Chevy Camaro RS and an Arby’s sponsorship!  Love it for such a great kid!

Wonder if it's a Ricart Automotive vehicle... Add the below story to the long list of crazy things going on in Columbus right now.

Ohio State Player Kicked off Team for Exchanging Insider Info for Money

22 hours ago, Walter said:

Wonder if it's a Ricart Automotive vehicle... Add the below story to the long list of crazy things going on in Columbus right now.

Ohio State Player Kicked off Team for Exchanging Insider Info for Money

Ricart, Byers, Wahlberg, so many car dealers.  OSU has a massive advantage with NIL with the campus being 10 mins from downtown.  They have to be in the teens now with players and free cars.  Also, they don’t compete with basketball, football is the show as we know In Columbus.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, John Anthony said:

Ricart, Byers, Wahlberg, so many car dealers.  OSU has a massive advantage with NIL with the campus being 10 mins from downtown.  They have to be in the teens now with players and free cars.  Also, they don’t compete with basketball, football is the show as we know In Columbus.

Need Wyler or McCluskey to step up and do something similar in Cincy. Definitely a major NIL advantage having those perks for your athletes.

• Like 1