Pitino sends Caracter home

cvillecat

The comment that you found necessary to highlight was in regards to him not taking his troubles any further than they now exist, nothing more; and I was implying nothing!!!! I never once said anything about him being in trouble with the law. I only made reference in that he stays away from trouble. Again, you have read into something that is not there. I know nothing nothing of his past except the NCAA suspension and the home for the holiday incident. I find it odd that you mention accepting a loan for a plane ticket is not major league but a young kid accepting 500 dollars from a dirty booster is a bad to the bone. That is the type of double standard that I have been referring to. What is good for the goose should be good for the gander no matter what it says across the front of the gooses jersey. Like I said many times before.... I hope Caracter is back on campus and does well.
Travel expenses from a family friend versus a 500 dollar handshake from a booster which was basically a cash payment for being a football player and you don't see the difference?:laugh:

And my point was that it's quite a leap to imply that Caracter's current course might land him in court. It was just funny. But it's your perrogative to defend it.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:

Travel expenses from a family friend versus a 500 dollar handshake from a booster which was basically a cash payment for being a football player and you don't see the difference?:laugh:

And my point was that it's quite a leap to imply that Caracter's current course might land him in court. It was just funny. But it's your perrogative to defend it.

:sleep: There is no basically. It is or it isn't. And you don't consider the, as you say "travel expenses" a cash payment. I would laugh to if I were you. Since you are so well versed, please explain why the "travel expenses" are ok and the deeds of a dirty booster is horrible. Either one is not good but this thread is not about that. You have turned the attention of the intended thread into something else as you have the reputation of doing on just about anything that doesn't agree with you.

Again, I will explain the court reference since you can't seem to get the idea. It was made in reference that a lot of the athletes in todays world make mistakes and if they continue to do so usually end up in front of a judge somewhere down the road. As I have said many times before your spin, I hope Caracter keeps on the right path. I never stated otherwise!!

:

:sleep: There is no basically. It is or it isn't. And you don't consider the, as you say "travel expenses" a cash payment. I would laugh to if I were you. Since you are so well versed, please explain why the "travel expenses" are ok and the deeds of a dirty booster is horrible. Either one is not good but this thread is not about that. You have turned the attention of the intended thread into something else as you have the reputation of doing on just about anything that doesn't agree with you.

Again, I will explain the court reference since you can't seem to get the idea. It was made in reference that a lot of the athletes in todays world make mistakes and if they continue to do so usually end up in front of a judge somewhere down the road. As I have said many times before your spin, I hope Caracter keeps on the right path. I never stated otherwise!!

Why put the onus on me? I wasn't the one who said that a booster giving money to an athlete was the same thing as a REPAID LOAN from a FAMILY FRIEND.:thumb:

And once again, it's laughable to say I was the one who went off topic, when everyone can read that it was your friend oldrambler who first brought up tO$U and UK, before I even read this thread.

You said that about me in this post, yet you did not take it that way in from my post, and I was not even the person who brought it up, it was you from the 31st post responding to my 9th post that had nothing to do with my team or the topic of the thread. Please reread my statements.

:lol:

I feel like I am watching an argument with my two little cousins. :lol:

Why put the onus on me? I wasn't the one who said that a booster giving money to an athlete was the same thing as a REPAID LOAN from a FAMILY FRIEND.:thumb:

And once again, it's laughable to say I was the one who went off topic, when everyone can read that it was your friend oldrambler who first brought up tO$U and UK, before I even read this thread.

Again you spin your comments when someone disagrees with your opinion. What is the deal? It is your opinion just like it is for everyone. When did I say your were of topic? The answer, never. If you will look back I thing the "off topic" comment came from you.

I would like to know how my thread about Caracter being suspended and hoping he comes back and does well has turned into this. The only thing laughable is that you seem to think the only opinion that holds water is yours. OldRambler has not posted on this thread for several post so it was not necessary to bring him into it again. You are right about one thing. he is my friend and I am proud that he is. I guess you have a problem with that also. This thread is about the suspension of Caracter and I will keep it at such from this point on. It is not about you or I or anyone else.

As you all know, not a U of L fan, but Caracter needs to listen to Pitino and do everything he tells him, if he wants to be the basketball player he can be. If he decides to work hard at everything on and off the court, with his talent , he will be very successful. Pitino is demanding, and Caracter knew this when he signed with the Cards.

As you all know, not a U of L fan, but Caracter needs to listen to Pitino and do everything he tells him, if he wants to be the basketball player he can be. If he decides to work hard at everything on and off the court, with his talent , he will be very successful. Pitino is demanding, and Caracter knew this when he signed with the Cards.
:thumb:Caracter cited Pitino's discipline and demanding nature as the reason he signed with Louisville.

A plane ticket to visit Louisville unofficially?

Hmmm.

It's been investigated fully, and deemed that nothing really improper happened. He got slapped with 10% because the NCAA doesn't want to set a precedent of kids getting money from people once employed by a sports agency, but the facts that the guy was no longer employed by sports agency, was his aunties beau and lived in the same house as Caracter for a while, and had a relationship with Caracter preexisting his high school career was all enough for the NCAA to look at this and say, the kid is guilty of nothing but mildly poor judgement. Caracter didn't even have to sit the mandatory minimum for the ammount of money borrowed.