2021 NKY East West All Star Game: West 40 East 34 (3OT)

The NKY East-West Football Game is back on this year. I am not sure if there will be a live stream but it will be nice to see a lot of these kids play at least one more time.

The 2021 @StElizabethNKY All-Star Series kicks off this Thursday with the East-West Football game at Dixie Heights! Kickoff is set for 7:30!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, BrosefStalin said:

Are rosters published anywhere? Would love to see a list of who’s playing this year! 

They're usually a little late getting rosters out. Not sure why that's the case, but it generally is.

Ryle and Simon Kenton both listed their participants for this year on Twitter:

Ryle
Greyson Barber
Matthias Cusick
Bradyn Lyons
Jackson McGinnis
Will Watkin
Kyle Yarger

Simon Kenton
Dakota Brooksbank
Jake Huff
Ian Hughes
Trey Little

2 hours ago, Colonels_Wear_Blue said:

They're usually a little late getting rosters out. Not sure why that's the case, but it generally is.

Ryle
Greyson Barber
Matthias Cusick
Bradyn Lyons
Jackson McGinnis
Will Watkin
Kyle Yarger

Simon Kenton
Dakota Brooksbank
Jake Huff
Ian Hughes
Trey Little

I tried doing a google search myself and came up with nothing. If I see something, I will post it. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Voice of Reason said:

Finding the rosters for this game every year is more challenging than finding the end of the rainbow.

Seems like the marketing team for St. E might want to stretch themselves a bit to promote this game. Completely agree...can never find the rosters. Ugh. 

5 hours ago, Voice of Reason said:

Finding the rosters for this game every year is more challenging than finding the end of the rainbow.

I am wondering at what point do they actually have all the athletes who have committed to playing, maybe that is why it is so hard to find. Some that should play have other commitments while others have no desire. I wonder how close to the game they actually know who will play.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, KY Outsider said:

I am wondering at what point do they actually have all the athletes who have committed to playing, maybe that is why it is so hard to find. Some that should play have other commitments while others have no desire. I wonder how close to the game they actually know who will play.

That's honestly kind of been more of the idea I've gotten as to why it's been late finding out who is and isn't on the roster.

1 hour ago, Colonels_Wear_Blue said:

Here's a picture from last night's practice. Joe Danneman stopped in. I spotted Cov Cath's Trey Gronotte in the picture...I guess he still has a little bit of time before he reports to West Point.

E3ZuREGWUAA5P6v.thumb.jpg.62d1a62c338636671dbed7101a016423.jpg

With the state track meets this week as well, I would assume some athletes opted out for that.

12 minutes ago, KY Outsider said:

With the state track meets this week as well, I would assume some athletes opted out for that.

And region baseball tourneys, although they are over now. Bottom line is while this is a fun game, and great for the participants (my son was a scholarship winner his senior year), there is no real benefit to any top player who has a major college offer, and most who do now opt out. For those who do decide to play, it’s a nice capstone to their career.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, rjs4470 said:

And region baseball tourneys, although they are over now. Bottom line is while this is a fun game, and great for the participants (my son was a scholarship winner his senior year), there is no real benefit to any top player who has a major college offer, and most who do now opt out. For those who do decide to play, it’s a nice capstone to their career.

It is a fun game for sure, my oldest played in it a few years back and it was a good experience to close out his high school years.

On 6/8/2021 at 1:59 PM, Colonels_Wear_Blue said:

Ryle
Greyson Barber
Matthias Cusick
Bradyn Lyons
Jackson McGinnis
Will Watkin
Kyle Yarger

Simon Kenton
Dakota Brooksbank
Jake Huff
Ian Hughes
Trey Little

Conner
Sam Clements
Jon Erickson
Dylan Fike
Matt Mullally

• theguru changed the title to 2021 NKY East West All Star Game: West 40 East 34 (3OT)