Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Bowling Green Independent School...

Featured Replies

BG City schools have voted not to allow students to attend the “re-do” year. 

Yeah, it was reported here too:

 

37 minutes ago, PurplesFan said:

BG City schools have voted not to allow students to attend the “re-do” year. 

I applaud that decision. 

5 minutes ago, Kanaka Kahakai said:

I applaud that decision. 

Although I think in a situation like this the student should be able to immediately transfer with no strings attached I am mostly in the camp of 5th year seniors are a bad idea. 

1 hour ago, Kanaka Kahakai said:

I applaud that decision. 

I do as well because I truly feel like this is purely a football redo and regular graduates will not repeat. I don’t feel like teams should get their best players back while other schools do not it just doesn’t pass the smell test to me.

I agree with this decision.  I think reclassification is hurting the sophomores and juniors of last year.  It's creating a snowball effect.

Realistically since you can't improve your GPA the only thing that you can be returning for is athletics which I think is a bad idea.  Primary school students I can understand as academically they could benefit from more in person instruction vs the NTI they were exposed to.  Other than that this is a really bad idea as it will create "super teams" who can bring back seniors in a group to try and "win."

We had two more violations of the No Politics part of our Terms of Service, this thread is done.

Any mention, discussion, and media regarding politics or political figures is expressly prohibited on BluegrassPreps. This includes, but is not limited to the mention or names of any elected or publicly appointed officials, both domestic and foreign, by name, title, or by the offices held (e.g. - president, governor, chancellor, mayor, minister, senator, congressman, commissioner, attorney general, county clerk, magistrate, Beshear, Clinton, Lincoln, Merkel, Obama, Putin, Reagan, Roosevelt, Trudeau, Trump, etc). Any direct references or inferences to political terminology and activities, (e.g. - government, Democrat, Republican, GOP, conservative, liberal, campaign, lobby, legislature, filibuster, caucus, etc) and anything else deemed political in nature by the BGP staff is also prohibited from the site. Likewise, this also includes 3rd party links to articles that are political in name or in nature. Additionally, the use of names/nicknames deemed by the BGP staff as references to political figures (e.g. - Andy, Donald, Tricky Dick, Slick Willy) will not be permitted on BluegrassPreps.

Keeping in mind BGP's core purpose as a sports-discussion community, discussion of the the managing bodies specifically serving over high school, college, amateur, and professional sports leagues (KHSAA, NCAA, IOC, MLB, MLS, NBA, NFL et al), along with the officers, officials and the titles held by the individuals within those organizations is permitted on BGP. Similarly, high school and college/university administrators and officials, when discussed in a strictly non-political manner, are all permissible on BGP.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.