My Dog

PP1

Well the wife came back from the allergist and she is very allergic to our dog. He is a medium sized English Lab Retriever. He has all his shots and is very friendly. Let me know if your are interested.

Oh no.  I am so tempted.  We have three, but we lost our good old Lab at the beginning of February.  We have a farm, so there is lots of room, but I think it would be hard to get another right now although our other Lab is 12 and starting to show her age.  Our other was 13 when he had a stroke and had to be out to sleep.  

So, would this allergy be to all dogs?  There are a few breeds that are hypoallergenic, like Bichon Frise.  If I recall, the main reason to have a dog was as a companion for your son.  If your present dog was good for your son, this may be an option.  

But yeah, sorry this one didn't work out.  

On 4/2/2021 at 9:17 PM, PP1 said:

Well the wife came back from the allergist and she is very allergic to our dog. He is a medium sized English Lab Retriever. He has all his shots and is very friendly. Let me know if your are interested.

If it were me, I’d just get a new wife. 😂😂

• Haha 1

On 4/2/2021 at 9:17 PM, PP1 said:

On a serious note, what all have you tried? I have really bad allergies. Not to pets. But I have a friend who is very allergic to cats. But they have 3 of them now. He started using Flonase every morning, and sometimes in the afternoon of he’s having a reactive day. It’s worked for him.

9 hours ago, HoopJunkie said:

On a serious note, what all have you tried? I have really bad allergies. Not to pets. But I have a friend who is very allergic to cats. But they have 3 of them now. He started using Flonase every morning, and sometimes in the afternoon of he’s having a reactive day. It’s worked for him.

She's been taking everything. She went and had an allergy test, one of those things where they poke you and mark your skin with purple dots, and it came back severe to dogs. He is a good dog, but she is miserable. 

We initially got him for my younger son who is on the Autism Spectrum. He never really warmed up to the dog. My older son will be sad, but I can just buy him a Playstation or infield box seats to the Reds game and he'll be fine.

25 minutes ago, PP1 said:

She's been taking everything. She went and had an allergy test, one of those things where they poke you and mark your skin with purple dots, and it came back severe to dogs. He is a good dog, but she is miserable. 

We initially got him for my younger son who is on the Autism Spectrum. He never really warmed up to the dog. My older son will be sad, but I can just buy him a Playstation or infield box seats to the Reds game and he'll be fine.

I’m familiar with that test. Not super fun. I have severe allergies.  I was getting 3 shots a week. Then one of the nurses told me to start taking a benedryl before going to bed, and do Flonase in the morning. It’s worked great for me. I only take benedryl now if they’re extremely bad. It’s basically a first line of defense against things getting into your passages. Obviously it doesn’t work for everyone. I’m sorry for the situation. Getting rid of the dog is never fun. 

• 1 month later...
19 hours ago, jvdfc said:

What does he weigh PP1?  House broken?  

Weight is about 60 lbs or so. He is house broken. We do make him sleep in a crate, And that’s more because I don’t know if he would try to chew the furniture over night. Has all the shots, he’s been dewormed, been on the flea and tick prevention pills for 15 months. He has not been neutered. Very friendly. Kind of difficult to walk because he pulls on the leash. The vet says he has allergies, so sometimes he scratches his fur,  so they’ll be a bald spot but it just grows back.

I’m not looking for money for him. Just a good home.

• Like 1