December 19, 200619 yr Who's doing the offensive play calling? Carson? It seems like he calls an audible at least every other play. Maybe he's not as good at reading a defense as they think he is.
December 19, 200619 yr Who's doing the offensive play calling? Carson? It seems like he calls an audible at least every other play. Maybe he's not as good at reading a defense as they think he is. Theismann indicated that last night, if Carson goes to the line, he has 3 plays to call and he chooses which one. If they went to the huddle, they were more selective. Question for the football experts: If an OL gets in his stance and moves, it is a false start. But I noticed that when Peyton or Carson was changing plays, they were turning, moving their heads doing all sorts of things. What specifically determines if it is a false start and how is it different form the scenario that I mentioned above.
December 19, 200619 yr Question for the football experts: If an OL gets in his stance and moves, it is a false start. But I noticed that when Peyton or Carson was changing plays, they were turning, moving their heads doing all sorts of things. What specifically determines if it is a false start and how is it different form the scenario that I mentioned above. Position of players at snap 3. No interior lineman may move after taking or simulating a three-point stance. 5. No player of offensive team may charge or move, after assuming set position, in such manner as to lead defense to believe snap has started. No player of the defensive team within one yard of the line of scrimmage may make an abrupt movement in an attempt to cause the offense to false start. 7. All players of offensive team must be stationary at snap, except one back who may be in motion parallel to scrimmage line or backward (not forward). 8. After a shift or huddle all players on offensive team must come to an absolute stop for at least one second with no movement of hands, feet, head, or swaying of body. 9. Quarterbacks can be called for a false start penalty (five yards) if their actions are judged to be an obvious attempt to draw an opponent offside.
December 19, 200619 yr Position of players at snap 3. No interior lineman may move after taking or simulating a three-point stance. 5. No player of offensive team may charge or move, after assuming set position, in such manner as to lead defense to believe snap has started. No player of the defensive team within one yard of the line of scrimmage may make an abrupt movement in an attempt to cause the offense to false start. 7. All players of offensive team must be stationary at snap, except one back who may be in motion parallel to scrimmage line or backward (not forward). 8. After a shift or huddle all players on offensive team must come to an absolute stop for at least one second with no movement of hands, feet, head, or swaying of body. 9. Quarterbacks can be called for a false start penalty (five yards) if their actions are judged to be an obvious attempt to draw an opponent offside. #3 they were not doing. But they were getting back to a set positioin for at least one second before the snap. Thanks for the information.
December 19, 200619 yr Bresnahan needs to go......period. The defensive game plan was so bad it about made me sick. You cannot drop your linebackers back 10 to 12 yards and let Peyton throw underneath every play!!!!! I just don't get it!!! No blitzing or playing bump and run on the outside killed the Bengals once again. If you don't pressure Manning he will kill you...and he did. When is this type of defensive football going to stop. If we don't get turnovers we don't have a shot to win.. JOKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
December 19, 200619 yr And I believe he dropped 2. The first one that was overturned. Another that Harper tipped, while not technically a drop, when you go on the air and broadcast that you are all-Galaxy, then you have to make that catch. There was another that he dropped. That ball was a bullet, thrown behind him, and he was going back on it. Then the reciever deflected it about 2 feet before it got there. That catch is almost 100% luck if he makes it. Wow if you think he should make that catch.... The other one appeared to be a catch to me. However, again he was underthrown. CP has to deliver better than that. Was I the only one (and the 2 guys I watched the game with) that thought he caught that pass? His hand stayed under it, the ball didn't move, and he maintained possession. I was shocked when they said it hit the ground because to me his hand was between the ball and the ground. I thought it had to be inconclusive and to me that wasn't even close.
December 19, 200619 yr CJ did drop a "curl" and then he dropped that pass late, but LBBC, I don't think the 2 you mentioned were drops.
December 19, 200619 yr Bresnahan needs to go......period. The defensive game plan was so bad it about made me sick. You cannot drop your linebackers back 10 to 12 yards and let Peyton throw underneath every play!!!!! I just don't get it!!! No blitzing or playing bump and run on the outside killed the Bengals once again. If you don't pressure Manning he will kill you...and he did. When is this type of defensive football going to stop. If we don't get turnovers we don't have a shot to win.. JOKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Didn't they just give up 17 points over 3 games? I thought the gameplane was suspect, but when they crowded and blitzed, Manning torched them, for bigger gains. I would have like to see KK play a little LB to help secure the coverage over the middle. I also agree that the LB's shouldn't have been that deep. When the Bengals blitzed Manning either audibled to the run or threw a quick hit. Out of the gun he's almost impossible to get to. Manning "steps up in the pocket" better than anyone I've ever seen. Last night it looked like he was stepping into the middle of the attack and next thing you know he's by himself completing a pass.
December 19, 200619 yr That ball was a bullet, thrown behind him, and he was going back on it. Then the reciever deflected it about 2 feet before it got there. That catch is almost 100% luck if he makes it. Wow if you think he should make that catch.... The other one appeared to be a catch to me. However, again he was underthrown. CP has to deliver better than that. Was I the only one (and the 2 guys I watched the game with) that thought he caught that pass? His hand stayed under it, the ball didn't move, and he maintained possession. I was shocked when they said it hit the ground because to me his hand was between the ball and the ground. I thought it had to be inconclusive and to me that wasn't even close. It hit him in the stomach so the two feet thing is a stretch. First catch, I missed, doing homework with my son.
December 19, 200619 yr CJ did drop a "curl" and then he dropped that pass late, but LBBC, I don't think the 2 you mentioned were drops. So he dropped two and then two that he could have caught but not necessarily a drop. So for a WR, that continually tells the world that he is the best ever, he had 4 balls come his way in the BIGGEST game of the SEASON and he did not make the catch. When you draw the attention to yourself over and over, expect to be graded under a microscope.
December 19, 200619 yr Didn't the Colts receivers drop a half dozen last week? I think they made up for it last night.
December 19, 200619 yr It hit him in the stomach so the two feet thing is a stretch. First catch, I missed, doing homework with my son. Right, but a ball thrown as hard as CP could throw it was tipped within a few feet of it hitting his hands. His hands were behind him and the ball deflected towards his chest. Footballs bounce when they hit shoulder pads and recievers are taught to catch EVERYTHING with their hands. Once it was past his hands it was all luck. The one drop was late and didn't matter. The other was IMO a bad call and in everyone's opinion a bad pass.
December 19, 200619 yr Didn't the Colts receivers drop a half dozen last week? I think they made up for it last night. The only drop I remember was Marvin's after what seemed to be the dislocated finger. ON that note, anybody else notice that the defensive is not making the plays they did last year. Thornton gets a ball in his hands and doesn't come down with. Joseph has a whole litany himself. The miss by Marvin hits ONeal in chest and he does come down with it. LY, those were interceptions. This year, they are hitting the ground.
December 19, 200619 yr Right, but a ball thrown as hard as CP could throw it was tipped within a few feet of it hitting his hands. His hands were behind him and the ball deflected towards his chest. Footballs bounce when they hit shoulder pads and recievers are taught to catch EVERYTHING with their hands. Once it was past his hands it was all luck. The one drop was late and didn't matter. The other was IMO a bad call and in everyone's opinion a bad pass. No doubt it would have been a very good catch. But when you continually tell everyone how good you are and how they should just trust you to make the play and throw it your way, you got make the play. I have no problem with him not making the play if he wasn't continually harping on just throw him the ball and trust him to make the play. He has even said, "I don't have to be open, just trust me and throw the ball." And yes, he has been better, much better at not doing those things. And for the record, him and TJ I would throw the ball to when they are not necessarily open. They have impressed me with how they fight for the ball. Henry, no way.
December 19, 200619 yr Im still trying to figure out what happened on the first drive. Chad makes a questionable catch and instead of hurrying up to get off another play, Marvin calls time out. The play gets overturned after Indy looks at it and the rest of the game is history.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.