Sep 17 - OPEN
Sep 24 at Seneca (District)
Oct 1 - OPEN
Oct 8 vs. South Oldham (District)
Oct 15 at Jeffersontown (District)
Oct 22 vs. North Bullitt (District)
Oct 30 vs. Campbellsville

4C3DA5A3-68CA-422A-8CF9-5BAE1ED9B164.jpeg

I’d expect a better year for this Atherton team. They return their quarterback QuaShawn Johnson who was only a freshman and threw for over 550 yards. They also return their third leading leading rusher and second leading receiver in Demetrius Dunlap. Chance Thompson also returns in the receiving core grabbing over 100 yards in 2020 season. Their second and third leading tacklers return in Robert Edwards and Johnathan Bennem. Erion Sanders Strain should lead the defensive line. Sanders Strain didn’t get much of a chance to play his junior season however he put up a productive season as a sophomore. I’m intrigued by the possibility that RB and LB Jymarrie Johnson returns to the team for the 2021 season. Johnson missed his entire junior season due to injury. He ran for over 47 yards a game as a sophomore and looked to be a very promising player.

• Thanks 1

• 4 months later...
5 hours ago, Colonels_Wear_Blue said:

Atherton appears to have lost their Sep 24 game at Washington County and Washington County has picked up a road game at Trimble County on Oct 1 instead.

Yeah, that entire district worth of schedules has been messed up since the beginning. Atherton, Seneca, Jeffersontown, North Bullitt, and South Oldham all had quite a bit of overlap.

We've been doing these schedules on BGP for years and I am amazed at how seemingly impossible it is for some schools to (a) build a schedule and (b) get it accurately posted on the KHSAA website. Floors me.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Colonels_Wear_Blue said:

Atherton appears to have lost their Sep 24 game at Washington County and Washington County has picked up a road game at Trimble County on Oct 1 instead.

17 hours ago, gchs_uk9 said:

Yeah, that entire district worth of schedules has been messed up since the beginning. Atherton, Seneca, Jeffersontown, North Bullitt, and South Oldham all had quite a bit of overlap.

We've been doing these schedules on BGP for years and I am amazed at how seemingly impossible it is for some schools to (a) build a schedule and (b) get it accurately posted on the KHSAA website. Floors me.

And in today's news, the game at Seneca has now been moved from Oct 1 back to Sep 24....the date it was originally scheduled for back in January.

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
7 hours ago, Tigerpride94 said:

Coach Nino is a good, young coach with a bright future.  I know he spent a lot of time working with the KY Future Stars program with Coach Ricco Hughes & he did well with that.  He was the 7th grade coach for KY Future Stars in 2019 & my son really liked him.  Wishing him the best of luck in season 3 this year.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...