Open Job: Paintsville

This is an important hire. Paintsville was nearly on life support when Chirico came. He was able to build the program back up, ultimately winning a state championship. However, across the street is the largest school in the area and a football factory. If you make the wrong hire, it stands to reason that football at Johnson Central will continue to grow and Paintsville will wither. On the flip side, if Paintsville makes the right hire, there's no reason they can't continue to be among the Class 1A mountain powers along with Pikeville and Hazard.

• Like 2

This is the second most important hire in program history.  Hiring Chirico was the most important because Paintsville was on life support when he took over. Paintsville had lost to Jenkins the year prior even with some dude named Kash Daniel on the team.  I do not think any of the current staff will take over so it will probably be an outside hire.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Pick-six said:

If Coach Grizzle truly wants it, I hope he gets a shot at it.  The deal at Hazard last year is going to sit wrong with some people though.

From my understanding the issues at Hazard wasn’t something he could have controlled. But, he would have to make a serious commitment to the school and program. 

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...