Lexington Catholic 73 Highlands 57

Lexington Catholic kept Highlands from getting into a flow just about the entire game, and pestered them with intense relentless defense. Most every shot by Vinson and crew was rushed. Highland at one point late in the game cut the lead to about 8, but then LexCath responded with a tear of their own to put the game away. 

Johnson, Potter, Gromann, Russell, and Sparks all had decent games for the Knights. 

Vinson for the Birds got 19, but tried to do too much and was effectively shut down for the most part, and had to rush everything in chaotic fashion.. Herald was mostly silent in this game, and Barth and Muller filled in the gaps with a handful of 3’s. 

• Like 2

One play late in the game that stuck out to me was when Hudson Sparks of LexCath was headed to the basket for a sure thing bucket, Oliver Harris of the Bluebirds shoves him pretty good into the wall sending him to the floor, then turns around walking away like nothing happened. Harris was called for a foul where Sparks connected on both free throws, but in my eyes it was a total belligerent intentional foul on Harris’ part, but wasn’t called. 

1 minute ago, B-Ball-fan said:

One play late in the game that stuck out to me was when Hudson Sparks of LexCath was headed to the basket for a sure thing bucket, Oliver Harris of the Bluebirds shoves him pretty good into the wall sending him to the floor, then turns around walking away like nothing happened. Harris was called for a foul where Sparks connected on both free throws, but in my eyes it was a total belligerent intentional foul on Harris’ part, but wasn’t called. 

totally agree, could have of gotten really ugly after that....glad the temperature didn't increase and get chippy.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, B-Ball-fan said:

Are you kidding me?  I like a lot of your posts but this one is way way off.  Harris made a play on the ball plain and simple.

5 minutes ago, Jack of all Trades said:

Are you kidding me?  I like a lot of your posts but this one is way way off.  Harris made a play on the ball plain and simple.

Watch it again and see if you still see it like you're presently remembering it. 

14 minutes ago, Jack of all Trades said:

Start at the 1:20:20 spot in the video, and they even have a replay of the play directly following the play. Tell me Harris doesn't shove Sparks.

16 minutes ago, Ballfan34 said:

I went back and watched. Didn’t think he pushed him intentionally. There was obviously contact, but to make a huge deal out of it, I don’t think so...

Well, you have the ref on your side in that call, but I saw Harris make about a 10% play on the ball and a 90% hard shove of Sparks with his left arm forcing him away from the hoop and into the wall having him crash to the floor. There was definite "intent" to stop the play with an extra helping of elbow grease on top of it. 

7 minutes ago, Jack of all Trades said:

Come on.  He went for the ball.  If it was as you describe, he would have been T’d up and maybe ejected.  Trust me, the officials were certainly in favor of the home team today and if as malicious as you claim they would have called it.

So hand up for the ball and a huge shove with his arm is just simply "going for the ball"? I don't know, if that's what you see, that's what you see. I see an intentional foul, not to mention his puffed up chest walk away that said "What, I didn't do nuttin?". It looked pretty raw to me. 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, B-Ball-fan said:

So hand up for the ball and a huge shove with his arm is just simply "going for the ball"? I don't know, if that's what you see, that's what you see. I see an intentional foul, not to mention his puffed up chest walk away that said "What, I didn't do nuttin?". It looked pretty raw to me. 

Yes what I saw.  A hard foul and nothing malicious.  Just make sure you call all of them out when you see them.  You see the multiple fouls on LexCath that were not called or just focused on this one?

31 minutes ago, Jack of all Trades said:

Yes what I saw.  A hard foul and nothing malicious.  Just make sure you call all of them out when you see them.  You see the multiple fouls on LexCath that were not called or just focused on this one?

Keep in mind that I’m a 9th Region enthusiast who was rooting for Highlands. That’s pretty unbiased of me to see what I saw that I can’t unsee. That one stood out to me, so that’s I why I called it out. 

• Like 1