Walton-Verona at Woodford County predictions

Who wins? Walton-Verona or Woodford County?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Who wins? Walton-Verona or Woodford County?

• Walton-Verona (3-0)
    • Woodford County (2-0)

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 01/11/2021 at 11:00 PM

Walton-Verona (3-0) travels to Versailles, KY to tangle with the Woodford County Yellow Jackets (2-0) on Monday, 1/11/2021, in an early season showdown between two teams that went undefeated in Week 1.

Walton comes into the game after winning the 8th Region All-A classic last week in convincing fashion, defeating three opponents by an average of 33 points.

Woodford is undefeated after knocking off Lexington Lafayette and district foe Anderson County in two games that were decided by less than 10 points.

Brant Smithers of Walton-Verona and Hunter Penn of Woodford will both be in action - two of the top 10 preseason picks to contend for the 8th Region POY award.

Who wins and why?

1 hour ago, ColonelMike said:

I think you got them mixed up with someone else, Tigerpride.   W-V doesn't have St. X on their schedule this year - unless it's a new game that isn't showing on anyone's schedule yet(?)

Schedules are pretty fluid....

For some reason, they're on the St. X schedule but not on the WV schedule.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ColonelMike said:

I think you got them mixed up with someone else, Tigerpride.   W-V doesn't have St. X on their schedule this year - unless it's a new game that isn't showing on anyone's schedule yet(?)

Schedules are pretty fluid....

St. X has ticket link up since home game is how I found out about it.

1 minute ago, 4 Quarters said:

Back to the topic, actually I believe WV will pull off the mild upset in an exciting game.

I really don't know much about this year's Woodford squad, outside of Penn.

I like what I saw from Walton last week, but....

Not sure how the Bearcats match up with Penn inside.   On the other hand, it will be interesting to see if the Bearcat press bothers the newcomers in the Woodford lineup.

CM

15 hours ago, 4 Quarters said:

Back to the topic, actually I believe WV will pull off the mild upset in an exciting game.

If we go by rankings, I am not sure this would be considered an upset.  However, I think Woodford is better than what their ranking indicates.  

3 hours ago, TouchTheLine said:

If we go by rankings, I am not sure this would be considered an upset.  However, I think Woodford is better than what their ranking indicates.  

Hard to say.   Woodford is where they are in the Region 8 BGP rankings because they are a bit of a mystery.    There hasn't been much information about Woodford out there and they haven't posted any stats.

I've seen Walton, but having knowledge about one team is akin to no knowledge at all.  

CM