Pettigrew scores 43 points

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Missing the starting pg, and center, Steffphon and the Etown crew post another win. Steffphon with a double/double again, not sure of final numbers but around 26 and 13. Chris Gohman, Zach Riney, Aaron Pedigo, and a host of Panthers had a good game.

• 3 weeks later...
What is his career high in pts and reb?

His career high now is 52 points 19 boards. Posted last weekend.

He is averaging 34 ppg and 14 rpg.

The team is 6-6. Lost 10 seniors from last year and two starters this year. That's 12 players in one year, yet Etown will recover and be a force to be reckoned with come tourney time. Laprade C gets his casts off today, Walters PG next week. In the mean time the younger players are getting alot of playing time. They looked really good against an average Barren County team. Won by 30+. Look for Sophomore Chris Gohman to step up as the season goes on, the kids a gamer!

There is no one player that can stop Steffphon Pettigrew, most of the time it takes 3 or more!!

Steffphon just broke his record. 54 points tonight in a win over John Hardin. Double digit rebounds, the number I am not sure.

On a side note , WLEX TV was at the game and really focused on Steffphon before, during and after the game. First time we have had a Lexington TV station down to a regular season game, or any game for that matter. It's usually Lousiville stations.

Steffphon's going to get an offer from Tubby....soon.!

If Sheeeray Thomas plays that much, Steffphon most certainly could suit up for UK. Is Steffphon the answer to UK's woes? I don't think so, however, I think when you add really good talent from within the state you keep that FIRE for UK basketball on the squad. Supplement that with some top National talent and you have a recipe for success. Every kid from Kentucky, except a few that somehow like UL better, wants to walk on Rupp's floor with a Kentucky uniform on. I would just love to do it once. You can't import that loyalty, dream, etc. Where did you think Chris Lofton wanted to play when he was 8 years old? I am guessin UK. What kind of passion would he bring to this UK squad this year? Tubby needs to figure that out in my opinion. Steffphon deserves a shot at his dream Tubbster! Give it to him!

Steffphon just broke his record. 54 points tonight in a win over John Hardin. Double digit rebounds, the number I am not sure.

On a side note , WLEX TV was at the game and really focused on Steffphon before, during and after the game. First time we have had a Lexington TV station down to a regular season game, or any game for that matter. It's usually Lousiville stations.

Steffphon's going to get an offer from Tubby....soon.!

A reporter/cameraman from LEX was on WLAP tonight prior to the game raving about this kid . Said he can play at UK - RIGHT NOW.

• 3 weeks later...
Did he play tonight? If so who did he play? Was Tubby there? How did Stephon do?

He did play, scored 36, and yes, Tubby was watching. :sssh: :thumb:

Expect UK to offer Pettigrew soon. I have heard that Moses visit has been cancelled and UK is pursuing other recruits.

I read on another chat site where UK (Hobbs) is only sending text messages to Pettigrew...no actual recruitment. Anyone know if this is true or not? If so, Tubby and UK has made a huge mistake on this one too....(can you say Lofton?)

I read on another chat site where UK (Hobbs) is only sending text messages to Pettigrew...no actual recruitment. Anyone know if this is true or not? If so, Tubby and UK has made a huge mistake on this one too....(can you say Lofton?)

That was true a couple of weeks ago, but things have changed.