Boone County - 2021 Schedule

theguru

18 minutes ago, futurecoach said:

Even with the easier non district schedule, I am not sure if that happens. First five games of the year should be competitive though. Early prediction 3 and 7. 

Even though the schedule is watered down it is still a tough schedule for Boone. My early prediction is 4 and 6.

• Like 1

By the way, I'm one rooting like crazy for Boone Co. to get back to some semblance of the glory days.  I realize where there were 2 h.s. in the area (Boone & Conner), there are now 4, with the additions of Cooper & Ryle.  I also realize that while Boone County is one of the fastest growing counties in KY, exactly none of that explosion is in the Boone County H.S. part of the county, and is mostly Ryle and Cooper's areas, with some in Conner's.  

However, in spite of all of that, I really hope Coach Warner can figure out the recipe to get the Rebels back in the limelight.  I have so many fond memories of a packed stadium at BCHS, a great band playing, tear-away jerseys, and Coach Hauck grinding you into submission with a stable of great running backs and a hard-nosed defense.  I spent so many nights at those games in middle school, and even high school (because my alma mater was playing the next day), and had so many friends pass through there, that I truly wish Bryson can get it done!

• Like 5

• 5 months later...

Updated Schedule (Boone now hosts Scott):

Aug 6 vs. Covington Holy Cross (Scrimmage)
Aug 13 vs. Grant County (Scrimmage)
Aug 20 vs. Russell
Aug 27 vs. Scott
Sep 3 vs. Holmes
Sep 10 vs. Lloyd Memorial
Sep 17 at Walton-Verona
Sep 24 vs. Conner (District)
Oct 1 at Covington Catholic (District)
Oct 8 vs. Highlands (District)
Oct 15 at Cooper (District)
Oct 22 - BYE
Oct 29 at Tates Creek

• 5 weeks later...
24 minutes ago, theguru said:

Here is a quick update on the Boone County Rebels.

https://www.facebook.com/bryson.warner.3/videos/1674263832781188

I love the optimism! 

Good stuff. Nice job by coach adding some fun into the mix. I liked his comment about next Friday in the new stadium with invites out to all 66 previous teams to attend the first game on the new turf. Russell should be a tough opponent.

• Like 1

Just now, Voice of Reason said:

Good stuff. Nice job by coach adding some fun into the mix. I liked his comment about next Friday in the new stadium with invites out to all 66 previous teams to attend the first game on the new turf. Russell should be a tough opponent.

Agree on all counts.