Owensboro 28 Graves County 21

DevilMayCare

Owensboro almost 500 yards off offense but 4 TO’s.  O fumbled close to scoring on 2 occasions leaving an additional 14 points off the board.  McKee with close to 200 yards rushing.  Wimsatt throws for 304 yards.  O was missing 2 starting o lineman and had to move a starting DT to left tackle.  Center was a freshman and did his first duty this year at center.  O has to clean up fumbles going forward.

• Thanks 1

Wimsatt 3 TDS passing and was 14-15 in 2nd half.  Tinsley with 2 receiving TDS, Flaherty 1 and Carbon a ST TD.  Owensboro again moved the ball with ease save 2 fumbles going in for score and an early pick.  I think punted once.  Ran out of time before half was driving close to RZ.  Graves played ground and pound and huge time of possession.  McKee had 24 carries in first half!

• Thanks 1

I knew we would be able to score and we scored the same amount as last time. The devils helped us out keeping them off the board for almost the whole  first half. Special teams cost the Eagles again. A punt blocked inside our own redzone with minutes in the first half lead to Owensboro first td. Then they took their opening kickoff of the second half back. 

Great effort by the Eagles. They return a lot but lose a lot next season. Hats off to Owensboro. They’ll be tough to beat down the stretch.  

• Thanks 2

Impressed with Graves keeping it this close!  They are a gritty group!

For O, they are talented all over the field.  Seems perhaps not as focused or sharp due to Covid Year protocols and etc. 

Hoping the Purples can take care of business next week so I can get an Old Hickory trip in before the end of the year!!!!  Always love going to Rash Stadium!!!

• Like 1

Just now, Purple88 said:

Impressed with Graves keeping it this close!  They are a gritty group!

For O, they are talented all over the field.  Seems perhaps not as focused or sharp due to Covid Year protocols and etc. 

Hoping the Purples can take care of business next week so I can get an Old Hickory trip in before the end of the year!!!!  Always love going to Rash Stadium!!!

I think we will get Freddie D and you will travel again to CovCath if seeding hold true.