What Class 1A team has been the most surprising this season?

Bac2369

4 minutes ago, ATLCat said:

Sayre.

End of discussion.

From a team who won 1 game and lost to Phelps by 28 points to undefeated and possibly hosting a Regional Finals game. 

Sayre and Hazard.

I know Hazard had a tough off season with coach changes and other issues, but I did not expect Hazard to struggle this much.

1 hour ago, snakesnot_2000 said:

Who is Sayre? They are not even listed on Calpreps.

Private School in Lexington that's been around for years but never competed in football.

Football program started in 2018.

Former Marshall university and longtime NFL Quarterback Chad Pennington is the H.C.

Went 1-7 last year and did not compete in a  District.

Competed for a District this year and are currently 8-0 and #5 in the RPI (3rd best RPI in East)

4 hours ago, snakesnot_2000 said:

Who is Sayre? They are not even listed on Calpreps.

They are on Calpreps for the full 223 team statewide rankings. They weren’t supposed to be eligible for the playoffs until 2021 but were allowed to take the fourth spot in District 7 after Jenkins dropped their varsity program. 

On 11/9/2020 at 4:07 PM, ATLCat said:

Private School in Lexington that's been around for years but never competed in football.

Football program started in 2018.

Former Marshall university and longtime NFL Quarterback Chad Pennington is the H.C.

Went 1-7 last year and did not compete in a  District.

Competed for a District this year and are currently 8-0 and #5 in the RPI (3rd best RPI in East)

Actually incorrect. Sayre had a football program in the 70's. I saw them play beechwood in Lexington.