Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Trevor Bauer rejects Initial Offer From Reds

Featured Replies

And rightfully so.  Several pitchers making well over $30 million per season.  Says he will still listen to the team, so there’s hope.  

From what I understand, that figure was pretty much just a formality.  I guess it had to be at a certain level in order to get compensation coming back to them.  But, I don't think anybody in the Reds actually thought that he'd consider that figure.  It's only what, slightly under $2 million more from what he made this past year?

2 hours ago, CincySportsFan said:

From what I understand, that figure was pretty much just a formality.  I guess it had to be at a certain level in order to get compensation coming back to them.  But, I don't think anybody in the Reds actually thought that he'd consider that figure.  It's only what, slightly under $2 million more from what he made this past year?

I think that is correct.  I’m gonna say he’ll wait and see if he wins the Cy Young before signing with anybody, if he wins (which I think he will), I’d say the price tag is $30 mil plus, if he doesn’t somewhere between $25-30 mil. 

On 11/5/2020 at 3:37 PM, 16thBBall Fan said:

I think that is correct.  I’m gonna say he’ll wait and see if he wins the Cy Young before signing with anybody, if he wins (which I think he will), I’d say the price tag is $30 mil plus, if he doesn’t somewhere between $25-30 mil. 

He won it.

51 minutes ago, Jumper_Dad said:

He won it.

Yeah, and it wasn’t close, price tag just went up didn’t it??

1 hour ago, 16thBBall Fan said:

Yeah, and it wasn’t close, price tag just went up didn’t it??

Yup!

I know he's said he wanted to only sign one-year deals, but I'm wondering what would happen if someone tossed out a 3 year deal for $100 million.  You'd think it'd be hard to turn down a 9-digit offer.

My initial guess is the Angels.

Sounds like the NY Mets have offered him a contract that will make him the highest paid player in baseball based on annual average salary.

29 minutes ago, MJAlltheWay24 said:

Sounds like the NY Mets have offered him a contract that will make him the highest paid player in baseball based on annual average salary.

Interesting.  Had heard that it would "approach" Cole's contract, but was not equal or higher than it.  It would also be for a shorter period of time.  

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.