Trevor Bauer rejects Initial Offer From Reds

mcpapa

From what I understand, that figure was pretty much just a formality.  I guess it had to be at a certain level in order to get compensation coming back to them.  But, I don't think anybody in the Reds actually thought that he'd consider that figure.  It's only what, slightly under $2 million more from what he made this past year?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, CincySportsFan said:

From what I understand, that figure was pretty much just a formality.  I guess it had to be at a certain level in order to get compensation coming back to them.  But, I don't think anybody in the Reds actually thought that he'd consider that figure.  It's only what, slightly under $2 million more from what he made this past year?

I think that is correct.  I’m gonna say he’ll wait and see if he wins the Cy Young before signing with anybody, if he wins (which I think he will), I’d say the price tag is $30 mil plus, if he doesn’t somewhere between $25-30 mil. 

• Like 1

On 11/5/2020 at 3:37 PM, 16thBBall Fan said:

I think that is correct.  I’m gonna say he’ll wait and see if he wins the Cy Young before signing with anybody, if he wins (which I think he will), I’d say the price tag is $30 mil plus, if he doesn’t somewhere between $25-30 mil. 

He won it.

• 2 months later...
29 minutes ago, MJAlltheWay24 said:

Sounds like the NY Mets have offered him a contract that will make him the highest paid player in baseball based on annual average salary.

Interesting.  Had heard that it would "approach" Cole's contract, but was not equal or higher than it.  It would also be for a shorter period of time.