Who is the Face of MLB?

Not that I think there is a singular face of the game,  but I'll toss out a name that hasn't been mentioned here. 

He's played in a major market, so he's gotten the exposure. He's got a world championship under his belt, to add even more.  And even though he's a veteran, he's still young enough to be still probably be considered "cool" by the kids.

Kris Bryant 

15 hours ago, Voice of Reason said:

That is funny to me. Fantasy baseball is so much better than fantasy football for me - mainly because baseball is a deep dive, daily management activity. You have to do a lot of homework and stay with it all season if you are in the baseball league I am in. Fantasy football - I do no prep, on draft day I use the online site we are on to feed me picks, make a few free agent pickups during the season and I make the playoffs every year. I would finish last every year in my baseball league if I managed it like I do my football league.

I think the daily management is why many don't do fantasy baseball.  Whereas with fantasy football, you can spend maybe 20 mins a day on it.  But people watch games specifically because their QB is going.  I'm not sure the same is said for baseball, especially when you can't watch most of your players unless you purchase a special TV package.

On 1/19/2021 at 8:20 PM, The Raven said:

If the Angels could put anything around him, it would easily be Mike Trout.    In the near future, I think it could be Fernando Tatis, Jr.

How about the VERY NEAR future!  Fernando Tatis, Jr. has been named the new cover athlete for "MLB The Show 21".

3 hours ago, TheDeuce said:

Maybe MLB doesn't have a face because the MLB just isn't that entertaining?

I think you could make a case for that.  And I think MLB is much more about your local team too.  I watch and follow the Reds quite a bit but I can't tell you the last time I watched a game they weren't involved in.

Whereas with NFL, I'll watch just about any game.  And many would say the same for a lot of NBA.

• Like 1