KHSAA state finals

7 hours ago, DearToday said:

I wonder how they'll do tickets for this year's games as well. 

Probably all sales being online before the event so they can control capacity. No class has come close to filling Kroger Field so they have the entire stadium to work with if they need to. 

19 hours ago, EastSideJunkie said:

If I read correctly, the KHSAA moved the state volleyball from Louisville because it was a 'red' county.

And now Fayette County is red.

What happens if both are still red come a month or so down the road. Where do we play the state football finals?

Could this possibly happen?

Good question. I know it wouldn't be ideal but there are a number of good sized stadiums with turf fields outside of Fayette County. I could see George Rogers Clark, Scott County/Great Crossing, and Woodford County potentially used as championship sites. Two games per day, clear the stadium between games. Or play them at multiple sites. I hope that isn't the case but I'm sure these conversations are being held at the KHSAA.

34 minutes ago, gchs_uk9 said:

Good question. I know it wouldn't be ideal but there are a number of good sized stadiums with turf fields outside of Fayette County. I could see George Rogers Clark, Scott County/Great Crossing, and Woodford County potentially used as championship sites. Two games per day, clear the stadium between games. Or play them at multiple sites. I hope that isn't the case but I'm sure these conversations are being held at the KHSAA.

Was also thinking EKU.

Last I saw, Madison County wasn't in the red.

• Like 3