Dodgers win 2020 World Series

So we had no thread at all for the World Series? 

MLB has to be overjoyed the Dodgers won the series so they don't have to deal with the COVID problem that developed last night in game 6. Justin Turner was pulled from the game last night when MLB received a positive test result on him. That would have been a tough situation for game 7.

Is it bad to say I still hate the Dodgers because of the 70's? 😄

Anyway, to the Covid issue...Trevor Bauer brought that up on his vlog back when the playoffs were just getting ready to start.  He wondered if we'd actually hear about any cases, or if MLB would keep things hush-hush, just to maintain their schedule and keep the stars on the field.

• theguru changed the title to Dodgers win 2020 World Series

Turner was pulled in the 8th inning. The timing seems odd to me.

How did MLB get itself into a situation where test results were coming in during the game ?

I assumed all players that were tested would have received the results before play started.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, MBWC41 said:

Turner was pulled in the 8th inning. The timing seems odd to me.

How did MLB get itself into a situation where test results were coming in during the game ?

I assumed all players that were tested would have received the results before play started.

Bizarre.  And it sounded like - and I may be misinterpreting - that the positive test result was from a test taken a day before an inconclusive test result.  

10 hours ago, mcpapa said:

Bizarre.  And it sounded like - and I may be misinterpreting - that the positive test result was from a test taken a day before an inconclusive test result.  

I had heard the other way around...that he had gotten an inconclusive test back (on the off day), so had to take another one.  And the results for this one didn't come back until Game 6 had already started.  But, I could absolutely be wrong.

13 hours ago, mcpapa said:

2 hours ago, CincySportsFan said:

I had heard the other way around...that he had gotten an inconclusive test back (on the off day), so had to take another one.  And the results for this one didn't come back until Game 6 had already started.  But, I could absolutely be wrong.

Either way it’s a strange situation.

I couldn’t care less if the guy played or not. I wasn’t rooting for either team.

However, if this all about player safety, it doesn’t matter if the results were positive or inconclusive. The guy shouldn’t have been on the field until he tested negative.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, MBWC41 said:

Either way it’s a strange situation.

I couldn’t care less if the guy played or not. I wasn’t rooting for either team.

However, if this all about player safety, it doesn’t matter if the results were positive or inconclusive. The guy shouldn’t have been on the field until he tested negative.

Hahahahahaha....that's a good one!  This was never about player safety.  This was Rob Manfred's bungled attempt to get the playoffs in, and have MLB try to "look good" in the process.

The way things were handled in the first round of the playoffs proves to me this was never about player safety.

• Like 1