Sign in to follow this  
Tigerpride94

George Rogers Clark 48 Oldham County 28

Kind of shocking. I guess that Israel kid is as good as advertised. Expected a much closer game.

Close game for a half (28-28 tie at the break), then the lightning delay (1 1/2 hours) hit a couple of minutes into the second half.   Oldham simply left something in the locker room; GRC dominated the second half on both sides of the ball in the second half, led by a stellar effort from Israel, who had over 200 yards rushing and scored four times, including long TD runs of 91 and 48 yards....

Beautiful stadium.   GRC folks very welcoming and made our stay very pleasant.   Many thanks to Athletic Director Jamie Keane for the wonderful hospitality.

We'll be back in a few weeks....these two will play again in the first round of the playoffs in Winchester.

CM

7 hours ago, ColonelMike said:

Close game for a half (28-28 tie at the break), then the lightning delay (1 1/2 hours) hit a couple of minutes into the second half.

I've been part of a couple lightning delays and the above seems to happen more than not. Long delays (in any sport, but especially football where they are rare) can take you out of your rhythm, turning what was a good game into a blowout. I'm glad these two will play again because we might get to see four solid quarters between two pretty balanced clubs.

Sign in to follow this