GOREDDEVILS

Paintsville 34 West Carter 12

Great game for a half, before Paintsville dialed up their defense after halftime. The length of the field pick-six opened up the game enough that West Carter had to go mostly to the air, allowing Paintsville to get a little more aggressive with its pass rush. Both teams looked good for the first 24 minutes, but Paintsville looked great over the last 24.

Just now, Voice of Reason said:

Well, that clears up that question.

I think West is still 2A top ten material, easily. But they're looking way up at the top tier of that class.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, DevilMayCare said:

I think West is still 2A top ten material, easily. But they're looking way up at the top tier of that class.

Game turned on 2 turnovers, a spot, and two questionable td calls.  There are 4 teams in 2a that the rest of the class looks up to, as Russel does to Ashland in 3a 

3 minutes ago, Kentucky9 said:

Game turned on 2 turnovers, a spot, and two questionable td calls.  There are 4 teams in 2a that the rest of the class looks up to, as Russel does to Ashland in 3a 

See you in 2 weeks.

6 minutes ago, Kentucky9 said:

giphy.gif.aa3f85a291d7a24cdf823c355241a730.gif

Officials won this one for Paintsville! Score doesn’t indicate how close this game really was.

10 minutes ago, Pacman69 said:

Officials won this one for Paintsville! Score doesn’t indicate how close this game really was.

I'm sure it's of little consolation right now, but the Comets competed with Paintsville on every possession. That's a good ball club that should roll to another district title and have a crack at one of 2A's heavyweights in the 3rd round.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, DevilMayCare said:

I'm sure it's of little consolation right now, but the Comets competed with Paintsville on every possession. That's a good ball club that should roll to another district title and have a crack at one of 2A's heavyweights in the 3rd round.

I felt west Carter played really good for 3 quarters. I guarantee this game on a neutral field, or at olive hill gives a different result. West Carter should not fall in rankings for going to a top 2 team in 1A and playing them that tough. Officiating like that is hard to overcome.

1 hour ago, GOREDDEVILS said:

See you in 2 weeks.

Looking forward to it.  

• Like 1

My only insight on WC is last year against Beechwood. I was curious how’d they would be against solid competition. According to everyone they played Paintsville tough. I hope WC get to play the Tigers again this year in the playoffs. The running back last year was impressive and he’s exciting to watch. Will be fun if we get to see those teams run it back and see the outcome this year! 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, GOREDDEVILS said:

I'd put west somewhere in the 6-10 range in 2a

Behind who?