Highlands at Conner Predictions/Updates (10/3)

Who wins?  

31 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/02/2020 at 11:00 PM

As far as Conner goes, the $10,000 question going into beginning of this season was how the Cougars were going to replace Jared Hicks and his 2700 yards passing last year on offense. Well it appears that Coach Trosper has managed to put together the right combination of players. In their first two games, Conner has held their openings to 6 total points, while scoring 69 points themselves. Their offense is actually markedly more balanced this year, too, compared to last year's "attack by air" offensive plan.

Highlands fans are still reeling a little after their first 1-2 start to a season since their disastrous 2016 season. They have lost their first two home games of the season, but won their first road game in Week 2 against Ryle. The Birds have long been known for a potent offense, but thus far in 2020 their offense has ended up stalling or spinning its wheels when the team gets into big game situations. One of the obvious battles for the Bluebirds has getting their passing game into gear, with only a quarter of their offensive yards this season happening through the air.

Will Conner improve their 2020 record to 3-0 and improve their recent win-streak against Highlands to 3-0? Or will Highlands even their record up at 2-2 and get their second road win of the season?
image.png.752a64deed902a5f407e8f28819c954c.png

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, colonel-fan said:

Really important game here.

I agree.

The 9th ranked Cougars vs. the 13th ranked Bluebirds. 

Conner beat Highlands twice last year (by 3 and by 10) and I believe this is a "redemption game" for Highlands.  Lose and it is three straight losses to the Cougars, win and it is progress for the Birds.

Very important 5A District matchup!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Jack of all Trades said:

Understatement of the year to date.  Game is Saturday night which gives each an extra day to work on things, but not sure both will take advantage of that.  Also likely determines a home game in the playoffs which means money in the bank.  

So 10-3?  The KHSAA has 10-2 listed.

2 minutes ago, Jack of all Trades said:

Understatement of the year to date.  Game is Saturday night which gives each an extra day to work on things, but not sure both will take advantage of that.  Also likely determines a home game in the playoffs which means money in the bank.  

Didn't realize this was on for Saturday night...the KHSAA scoreboard is showing Friday at 7pm.

I say Connor 24-13 

Highlands will play hard so will the Cougars but I Just don't see the bluebirds offense playing good this game Connor has a great defense and it will be hard for the sophomore QB to move the ball plus they can't pass at all the wide outs are weak they don't block or catch anything. Connor really Just has to stop the run and they are good. 

Connor I think will win because of their defense. I think the offense will play ok but not great. Highlands has a pretty good D and Connor hasn't really played anyone special but at the end of the day I think the Cougars will be 3-0.

• theguru changed the title to Highlands at Conner Predictions/Updates (10/2)
4 minutes ago, Jack of all Trades said:

I was told Saturday night and game on Star 64, like NCC and Walton in week 1.

Not that this means anything but I just checked my listings and Saturday night on Star 64 there is a FC Cincinnati game listed at that time. 

1 minute ago, Jack of all Trades said:

There was the night of the ncc game as well.  Let me check and I will get back to you.

Thanks and from star64.tv:

6:00 PM
American Ninja Warrior "Pittsburgh Finals" 6:00 PM - 7:00 PM 
7:00 PM
The Big Bang Theory "The Hot Tub Contamination" 7:00 PM - 7:30 PM 
7:30 PM
The Big Bang Theory "The Fetal Kick Catalyst" 7:30 PM - 8:00 PM 
Saturday Night
8:00 PM
MLS Soccer "FC Cincinnati at Minnesota United FC" 8:00 PM - 9:30 PM LIVE
9:30 PM
FC Cincinnati Postgame Show  9:30 PM - 10:00 PM NEW